tuscl

Any of you guys still play old computer games?

I played an old game. Axis and Allies. I got surprised. The AI really improved a lot more. It's learning from me. It had me beat for like the first time ever yesterday until I resorted to a technology trick that it stood no chance at stopping. Strange thing about the game is that it is very old and I never did anything to beef up the AI. Now if it could alter it's program to spend on technology, it could possibly beat me. I did see my only ally, UK, buy several bombers like I had. I just don't like it when the AI cheats.
Sometimes you wonder if there could be a real AI I might be secretly playing against online.

AI got lucky to start the game and then I ignored Japan for a while concentrating on the Germans. my AI Japan took Russia after only 4 or 5 turns. That was too fast. I won playing Germany earlier and the AI seemed to be playing Germany much better.

You play any games?

21 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    I'm not a gamer. The game I ever play on my PC is golf. I have a 1998 version of Arnold Palmer golf that I still love.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    i tried once can't get the software to run on any semi modern version of Windows.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Organ trail on floppy disk all day
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    The last computer games I played were the Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, and Police Quest series.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Im s huge gamer of all kinds

From card games, board games, strategy games, pc games, entertainment systems, old arcade games and so on
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Pong forever!!!!
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Mr_O: "Leisure Suit Larry"

That guy reminds me of RickyBoy and his System. They should put out a slight update starring our very own System inventor. Could also feature him driving home drunk - 65% of the time.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    On my pc, I just play darts on Fly or Die games
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I once used to play board games when I was a lot younger.
    in fact at one time before I started routinely visiting strip clubs, I used to stay up all night playing axis and allies with a oouple friends sometimes even in a freezing cold garage so as not to disturb someone's family. my friends bought two sets and we modified the rules to start with 300 ipcs or game money and we each secretly chose and had our massive armies and navies and air force in whatever combination we wanted for the money . first round place your bet and the fun began. played risk and chess in college.

played dungeons and dragons as a kid and some other sci fi adventure role play game.
    I enjoyed one adventure exploring the remains of a crashed space ship. an extremely large ship with several alien creatures to fight. strange dangerous plants as well. I'm surprised no one ever tried to turn anything into a movie. maybe none of the movie writers ever played a fun one.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'd really like to play an old laser disc arcade game again.
    I have never found the game since I got the high score. the machine got removed within a day or two and I never saw it anywhere again.

I'll describe. You start off flying a drone type spacecraft through an alien gorge. most people never succeed past the gorge. Anyway I did the last time I played. Next up you fly your drone ship above an alien planet blowing up various defenses. It was a lot of fun and the scenes looked real. I thought that sucks. I was just getting good at it and I never got to see the end. those old laser discs games always had an ending. I had to be close. I probably played the game for over half an hour or longer when I got the high score.

on the other hand there might be a wanted poster and bounty on an alien planet for whomever flew a drone ship past several defenses and caused massive destruction. I played it long enough for someone to locate the source. sounds like a great plan for alien terrorists to set up arcade games on an alien planet like ours so that we could unknowingly pilot drones on their planet to see if anyone gets lucky.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I also used to play total annihilation. I guess it's an old game now. I may have to reload it without the killer AI I downloaded. You can't win with the modified AI after 15 minutes if you don't attack right away. You can see the most impressive and comprehensive military force ever before it destroys you if you wait at least 30 minutes. The first time I saw it, I saw the AI built military defensive and offensive units I had never seen before. impressive.

I also have an alien versus predator game. The sound reminds me of my stomach when I'm hungry. happens to be on tv right now.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    I would love to see "Leisure Suit Larry" update, with graphics as well. Was funny and made us think in a PL way. Just right for us all!
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    WHenever I barely have the time, I play Age of Empire 1&2
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Avalon Hill war games, board games, but not computer games.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I still enjoy playing the original Sim City game.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Street fighter and mortal combat is epic
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lets not forget killer instinct
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    The very first computer games I played were Lunar Lander and Hangman
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Hell yeah Killer Instinct on Super Nintendo was the shit. I liked the first three Mortal Kombats the best
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I played a lot of Civ 2 when I was married. great way to avoid life. I also use to play great naval battles of the north Atlantic but these are so old they won't run on my current computer. just as well . Who has the time?
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    As an old fart, my first "video game" Winky Dink. google it, if you are under 60.

OR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5TdRhNL…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion