tuscl

Speaking of Facebook.....A number of ex-dancers "find religion"

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I have a few facebook friends that are retired dancers, but I sometimes look at the profiles of their stripper friends. They're girls I may have seen in the club, but don't really know.

Seems like there are a higher number than I expected "find religion". It's too early in the morning for me to figure out why, but I bet there are plenty of possible reasons. Obviously, they must feel empty and are searching for something.

33 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    Perhaps religion gives some insights into what is good and true and beautiful, in contrast to our daily world.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Perhaps religion gives some insights into what is good and true and beautiful, in contrast to our daily world."

Brilliant point!

Life is hard for a lot of people and they find religion comforting! I don't think there's anything more to it than that!

I say adopt a dachshund if you need to be comforted! Dachshund-frog system 4ever!
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'm some what surprised by the number of strippers that I have met that claimed to be religious.

During the middle of a lap dance I even had one ask me if I had accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. After I talked to the manager, I never saw her again.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "During the middle of a lap dance I even had one ask me if I had accepted Jesus Christ as my savior."

Not brilliant! I might reply that I'm more partial to the pagan religions that had temple prostitutes and see if that encouraged her to blow me!

"After I talked to the manager, I never saw her again."

Did you actually complain about the Jesus Christ thing or something else?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    The number of girls I've met who love God and praise Jesus on the FB pages, and then suck dick and swallow in the club, amuses the hell out of me.

Maybe Mary Magdalene is their biblical role model.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    People who "find religion" usually are just continuing down a path of addiction. Maybe a religious addiction is less harmful than drugs, alcohol, sex, serial dating...but it's still destructive in that it isolates one from others who practice different faiths.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    My ATF frequently tells me that she is a moral person. I guess it's just that her morals allow her to fuck many different partners with no recriminations.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Someone once said that 'patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'. I would amend that statement to this:

Religion is the first refuge of the hypocrite.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    stripper logic:

I'm religious. I've given 4 different guys blowjobs today. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!

My ATF was religious but I refused to talk about it with her because he logic was so fucked up there was no point.

A strippers logic can make the craziest wife sound responsible and grounded. When you throw something opinion based like religion in to the mix it takes it to a whole new level making someone like sigmund freud throw his hands upin the air and say "I give up!"
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    "Religion is the opiate of the masses." Karl Marx
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    jackslash: "Perhaps religion gives some insights into what is good and true and beautiful, in contrast to our daily world."

How did you come up with that silly notion? Don't you know that religion is nothing but a bunch of strict rules that you have to follow, mostly about sex? Anyone who attends church or says they're religious but still breaks the rules must be living a lie. That's why strippers can't be religious.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    "Thank God" for strippers. :)
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @Chandler: No all religions treat sex as evil. I'm quite religious myself, and sex has nothing to do with my personal morality. We too often get hung up on "religion" as synonomous with Christianity. It's not.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I agree, Rockstar. I was being sarcastic.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm not shocked by religious ex dancers. Forgiveness is a big message of Christianity. Jesus preached to whores and thieves. No matter what you've done, belief in Christ wipes the slate clean.

Also, women lose their sexual value in their 30s. Gotta replace that with something.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "@Chandler: No all religions treat sex as evil. I'm quite religious myself, and sex has nothing to do with my personal morality. We too often get hung up on "religion" as synonomous with Christianity. It's not."

Brilliant!

As long as religion motivates you to treat others with kindness it's brilliant!

If it motivates you to stick your nose into the lives of others then it's non-brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "stripper logic:

I'm religious. I've given 4 different guys blowjobs today. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!"

shailynn, no disrespect, but if they separate sexual "morality" from other aspects of morality like treating others fairly and with kindness ten it's all brilliant! As rockstar666 points out!

Personally I'm not religious except in a vague pantheistic way, but I have no issue with other religions, including Christianity, if it doesn't make people into d-bags!
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Not really religious,but as the end nears I'll probably knock dust off my Bible and study for my final exam.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Wow a bunch of pagans. There's nothing wrong with believing in Jesus. I might try to talk to Him some day, but I'm afraid He won't listen to me.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @mikeya02: Well, I AM a pagan actually! But unlike Christians, I don't think everyone else should be one too. I think Christians are as a group are much better off with Bible study than dancing naked outside at night.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    The Born Again movement is a disease which infects our society. It is very similar to alcohol and drugs.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    @Rockstar, do you play a lyre during these dances? Just wondering....
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    I'm an atheist and I try to stay away from religion. I try to never even acknowledge it.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    No Mikey, but if I owned one and knew how to play it...? Actually music is later, when we're drinking, smoking pot and fornicating.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ That's paganism? Sounds like a saturday night at a secluded spot on the beach when we were younger.. :)
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    We are a rather enlightened bunch. We also talk a lot about philosophy; in particular a sentient being's place in the universe.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Cool. Did you guys ever ponder that as far as we know for sure, we are the only thing in the universe that is aware of itself (the universe)? Otherwise, what's the point of having a universe?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I believe in the strip club gods because they gave me a dream stripper to worship. No other religion or god has ever done anything like that for me.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I think I'm Actaully quite religious but I don't talk about it much. I think a lot of the local religious people are stuck up a..holes in their faith thinking they are better than everyone else. I base this on asking a stranger where a stripclub is at one point and the guy said something like he wasn't that kind of person. wtf. thoight? That kind of person? He must think he's better than everyone who visits a strip club. Obviously the same group of people who looked downon Jesus because he would talk to the hated tax collectors, lepors and other so called low life of the day. If Jesus were alive today, he might ask the same question and visit a strip club and not once say anything bad about the people working there or visiting.

I believe in the golden rule, treat others like you would like to be treated. It gets really hard to do so if they treat you like dirt. Then you either want to knock them out or forget about them.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    mikey: That is such a long shot it would prove the existence of a deity. There are so many billions of planets in the universe that if we were the only 'intelligent' life, it could not have happened by random chance.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I read a comment from some guy on a financial web site saying the Earth was flat and that Antartica was restricted so that no one would find out the ice was stopping the world's oceans from falling over the edge etc. etc. Atheists, the religious, everyone has more common sense than that guy.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "I read a comment from some guy on a financial web site saying the Earth was flat and that Antartica was restricted so that no one would find out the ice was stopping the world's oceans from falling over the edge etc. etc."

Brilliant!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Shark, were you reading The Medieval Times?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion