tuscl

Smoke filled clubs

Why don't these clubs spend some money on air cleaning filters? I think that keeps many customers away. I know I would visit more. If you plan to visit a club you must go directly home afterwards to shower because you smell like an ash tray.

Does anyone know in S. Florida a club that the odor is not that bad?

11 comments

• Dolfan
    9 years ago
    You might want to review a club or two to share your experience with the smoke levels at the club or clubs that prompted this post. Generally, you'll get more helpful responses if you contribute back somehow.

That said, do you consider Tampa South Florida? It's been a while but if I remember correctly you can't smoke inside there, at least in some clubs. As for what I'd consider south Florida, in Dade, Tootsies tends to not smell so bad. Its better during the day, as its large enough where a few smokers don't really make a noticeable impact. The same is true of E11even. Deans Gold tends to be lower on cigarette smoke, but Cigar smoking is popular there. A couple of the black clubs probably smell more like weed than cigarettes, if that's an acceptable trade off. In Broward, maybe Scarlett's; It's pretty big and the clientele isn't really the chain smoking type. In Palm Beach, maybe Monroe's or Rachel's. In Monroe, you're pretty much fucked but I doubt you're talking about there anyway.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    They allow smoking in Florida clubs? Aren't restaurants in Florida all non smoking?

The only Florida clubs I've been too are in Tampa and the Mons Venus is non smoking
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    motorhead - I think FL is like GA in that if the business derives most of it's income from the sale of alcohol, then smoking is permitted. The town I used to live in (Pop 30K) had no strip clubs but 4 sports bar qualified for smoking.
  • Prim0
    9 years ago
    Jesus Christ! If a place is too smokey for you, then go somewhere else. There are plenty of smoke free establishments out there. We don't need any more bans (I know the OP didn't suggest it). The argument anti smokers use is pretty much the same as the arguments made by the anti adult industry folks. So let's not go down that same road....please.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Total non-problem in California, as indoor smoking is prohibited in any such places. Lots of laws they might break, but not this one.

The result of this is that our smoking rate is the low, second only to Utah. Protecting indoor air space does cause a cultural change.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Michigan has banned smoking in bars. However, I was practically choking from all the smoke in the strip club last night. It's hard to believe that Detroit-area strip clubs would violate the law.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Most Clubs in Ohio have smoking patios or smoking lounges. The only one that I know that doesn't is CW's in Akron.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As Dolfan mentioned; often the smoking is less of an issue in the larger clubs; especially ones with high ceilings; b/c it seems the smoke can more easily dissipate - and as Dolfan also mentioned the more upscale clubs also often tend to have less smokers – but even then; all it takes is for you to be at the bar or a table and have the guy next to you light up and then it's all up in your nose; and even worse is when it's a table full of smokers.

I can't stand the shit and really irritates me both mentally and physically – why do I have to be forced to inhale that polluted and unhealthy smoke – if it's considered unhealthy in all other indoor establishments; why would it not be unhealthy in a strip club.

Inner Room in Cocoa Beach in the daytime is like walking into one giant ashtray – it's the first thing that hits you as soon as you walk in the door – smoking is so prevalent theere that dancers just light up when they are talking to you w/o even thinking they should ask first and in many other SCs IME.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    All I can say is that I try to avoid smoking allowed clubs at all costs. I don't understand way it's so hard to have a separate smoking lounge.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    This could be the one single thing that makes the lame Alberta SCs seem worthwhile. 'No Smoking' rules are rigourously enforced.

All levels of government take the 'No Smoking' regs very seriously in Canada. Plainclothes inspectors make unannounced visits and offending establishments always lose liquor licences for a short (or lengthy for repeat offenders) period of time.
  • BigChas
    9 years ago
    Part of my point is. These clubs spend alot of money on their lunch special to get people in. Yet they don't spend any money on equipment to clean the air so people that are working can visit on their lunch hour.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion