tuscl

Please fix the website

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
I sat down to write a review this morning and something happened causing the review to disappear while I was writing it and I could not get it back. I was at least twenty minutes into writing it and I seem to have lost everything maybe the webmaster could add a save feature so that this does not happen again. Im sure that this has happened to some of you guys as well . If anybody has a suggestion about this problem I would appreciate feedback. It was kind of upsetting now I need to write this review all over again and I wont have time till tonite or tomorrow.

11 comments

• chandler
    9 years ago
    Too bad that you lost your work, but there should be no need for this site to add a save function that hardly any other websites include.

With any lengthy post, I use the save feature that all computers ship with. On a Mac it's called TextEdit. I either use it to write, or copy and paste to it as I go.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    mine is a pc should I be using notepad would that work
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I avoid 20 minute reviews. Most people are only good for a couple paragraphs before their eyes glaze over and they quit reading. I've yet to read an entire SJG soliliquey.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Yes, I think Notepad is the PC equivalent. Just don't use Microsoft Word, which inserts invisible formatting characters.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    I copy and paste with Word and haven't had the character issue, although I have seen it in other reviews.

Always better to write beforehand and then transfer, though. Learned that lesson the hard way enough. Even copying your text is good enough.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah; if you have a PC it's best to write it off-line and save your work every 5 minutes and then copy and paste onto TUSCL - just using the “Crtrl + s” keys is a quick way to save a document (i.e. press and hold the “Cntrl” key and then press the 's' key).

I normally use Word and don't recall any issues when copying to TUSCL (I think there were issues in the past) - Notepad is simpler and quicker to load so that should also do (but I don't recall if Notepad has a spell-checker though).

Using the “Cntrl + a” and then “Cntrl + c” will select and copy the entire text; and then using “Cntrl + v” will paste it.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Did your session time out? When you hit submit did it take you to the login page? I'm on a mac and always do reviews in text wrangler or word. Never had any issues c&p from word. Before I do anything after I'm done I always select all and copy what I just wrote in case something wonky happens.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    guys I just rewrote it and thanks for the suggestions I did the rewrite offline using notepad (mine works with spellcheck) should be posted as soon as the webmaster approves it. Again thanks to all of you who gave me suggestions.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    I write all mine in word first (spell check!) then paste
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    god damn and you were talking about strippers being cheap, don't you have microsoft office on your computer?
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Linux. .. and duck notepad use Notepad++
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion