tuscl

Dancer done good ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Per a recent SW thread:

The end of my stripping career

Today is my last shift as a stripper. I'm not making a big deal about it, but I did contact my favorite regulars to let them know that this is it.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a stripper. This career has saved my life in many ways and allowed me to become who I am today. If it weren't for stripping, I'd likely be working as a grocery cashier for the rest of my life. Not that being a grocery cashier is all that bad of a job, but it would have never allowed me the personal and financial freedom that stripping has.

I made a decision to become a realtor last December when I enrolled in school. I got my license in March and have been working my ass off to get my Real Estate business off the ground. Now, I'm just too busy with real estate to continue dancing. Stripping helped me start this new career with the flexible scheduling and ability to bring in fistfuls of cash in a short period of time.

The crazy thing about being a Realtor is that the business model is almost identical to stripping.

+ We are IC's.
+ We pay the brokerage a "desk fee" to work for them.
+ You have to hustle every single day if you are going to make any money.
+ We work on 100% commission.
+ Experience has nothing to do with whether a customer chooses you, it's all about personal connection and relationships.
+ Both real estate customers and strip club customers base their buying decisions on personal feelings.
+ SC Hobbyists = Real Estate Investors. They can be a pain to deal with, but you know they are going to buy.
+ You have to work with your business competition in the same building every day.
+ Both careers have high income potential (Of course, Real Estate has a much higher income ceiling).

I've invested $30k in getting my Real Estate career off the ground. I would have never been able to do that with a retail sales job. I've been able to work 50+ hours a week as a realtor without a paycheck. This is a pretty big barrier to entrance for most people who desire a career in real estate, and why 75% of all new realtors don't last their 1st year in the business.

Bonus: I've gotten real estate clients out of the club! I understand the unique challenges of buying real estate as a sex worker and am able to help club employees and dancers on the path to home ownership. I also have 2 regulars who are in the process of buying property through me (which blows me away. I'd have thought they would rather do business with someone from the vanilla side of their lives.)

Here's to my last day as a stripper. Thank you, Exotic Dancing for making my life the wonderful experience it is!

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…

11 comments

• 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    That is such a positive post! Thanks for reposting here! It's brilliant! :)
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    She said that two customers were buying through her and that blew her away. I can't help but wonder if she blew them away first.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I hate to contradict her, but I can think of quite a few very material differences between the successful stripper model and selling real estate. But maybe I'm thinking about just the realtors I've dealt with. Maybe if I bought my next property from an x-stripper, she would blow me away with her service and responsiveness.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Interesting. Some of her statements are are a bit at odds with each other. If she's a realtor on her own, then I can see being 100% commission. However, I though multi-agent realtor firms worked more like a car dealership where you got a minimum wage (from the dealerships cut of all sales) and then your commission on your sales. She then goes on to say "You have to work with your business competition in the same building every day" which to me makes it seem like she's part of an agency. ???

Yes, I am over thinking.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Realtor is a horrible job. You are completely dependent on commissions and you have too many competitors chasing the limited number of properties. She will probably go back to stripping within a year.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "She said that two customers were buying through her and that blew her away. I can't help but wonder if she blew them away first."

Brilliant! ;)

"Yes, I am over thinking."

Possibly! Assuming everything said is basically true, at least in spirit, she may be massaging things a bit to make a rhetorical point!
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Holy fuck you nitpickers...

I'm happy to see a successful transition -- and I think her observation that her alternative was to be a cashier for life may be right on.

The other thing I'd mention: Tourdefranzia, the stripper that wrote that post, is one of the good ones on SW, and there aren't many. You read through her posts, she's a just plain cool chick. She's one of the few -- no, perhaps make that the ONLY one -- to have the guts to admit she's an extras girl at her club, even knowing the SW consensus fantasy is that extras girls are horrible people and they're all chased off of SW. I've also seen her, amidst the rampant customer bashing over old or fat or ugly or whatever customers, come in and say something along the lines of "I just approach them with an open heart and they respond to kindness"

All in all, maybe the one single SW girl who had the courage not to buy into the consensus SW fantasy, essentially express herself as a good person. I cannot be more thrilled that she's come out the other side okay :)
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    well said Subra
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Good luck to her. I knew a dancer who told me she became a real estate agent. I never knew it took 30k and 50 hours a week to get started. Hopefully the market stays good enough for her to stay successful. I know there are cycles where housing goes into recession mode.
  • rogertex
    9 years ago
    Good story. Thanks for the post Papi.
    Thanks subraman for adding color.

Have to agree with Jackslash - realtor is an overcrowded profession. But the ex dancer may have what it takes to become successful.
    I've seen lots of dancers retire and transition young and on a happy note. Most popular careers #1 Cosmetologist #2 Dental Hygienist #3 Nurse Assistant. Some odd ones - Medical marijuana shop owner in Colorado, Mobile pet grooming.

Always happy to see them make a good transition.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a very smart woman. Congrats to her!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion