tuscl

What are the chances I can get approved for an SBA

Monday, July 13, 2015 10:27 PM
Trying to open up my own club in Las Vegas. I am well aware of the competition but I have that covered. What are the chances I can get approved for a small business loan to open up the club?

49 comments

• FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Title should of been SBL but for some reason my Iphone said NO
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    "small business" in Las Vegas. You're gonna need some BIG bucks.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I'm sure the banks will be lining up to loan you money to open a strip club in Las Vegas. Have you driven by Larry Flints Hustler Club lately? Remember they were going to build a huge ass one, had it framed then scrapped the plans when the economy tanked and decided to build a smaller one?
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Nice try dude. Stupid question on this site for sure
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Open one with a McDonalds and a KFC inside and I know of at least 2 members of this forum who will be gold card lifetime members of your club....
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    I think you have an excellent chance for funding. I mean you did come to TUSCL for professional business advice and everyone knows this bunch not only knows everything but has complete control over all the financial decisions in Vegas. Duh.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    It is difficult to get a Small Business Loan, especially for something like a strip club. Consider another city that doesn't have so much competition. Try to find private investors rather than a loan.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Why Las Vegas?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ duh!!!!! Opening a strip club in "sin city" equals pure genius!!! Plus they have affordable housing, palm trees and lots of drugs! All things that will attract the best of the best when it comes to stripper talent!!!
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Are you a woman? Are you black? If not, government money is not available for you.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Actually I am a woman and I am half black.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    I am opening up a female owned gentlemens club. I have 2 investors as plan B if I do not get approved. I figured I come to this website for opinions. I'm not easily offended. I live in Las Vegas. I'm aware of the competition but I already have a location and it would be the nearest to the strip and in its proper zone so I won't be in any trouble with schools, residents... Etc
  • chattguy123
    9 years ago
    I have a good friend thats half black. He always jokes that he was black on his college application and white on his resume.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    You could always post a Kickstarter add...
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    On a serious note, being a minority and female may help with a small business loan, if your credit is good. Personally if you trust your investors, that may be the way to go and you can probably get a lower interest rate with them than a bank. Sell it to them as their money is just sitting their - if they give it to you they'll get it back with interest. Let me ask, what about your club vision is going to make your club better than the many others in Vegas?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Well she has checked out the competition in Philadelphia. :)
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Yea I lived in New York. Philadelphia. And now Las Vegas
  • Experimental
    9 years ago
    I would say based upon the information you've provided so far, about zero banks in the world would give you a loan.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    And just the simple fact I'm trying to provide a better work space for the girls. I'm trying to help them rather than exploit them. I know dancers that have horrible housing situations. Single mothers that are desperate for child care and willing to leave children with just about anybody. Women forced to have "pimps" so they can stay alive. As well as taking care of unemployment when it comes down to positions available in the club as well. I have connections to a lot of places and I'm willing to make contracts with daycares, housing assistance, even provide transportation for dancers to get home safely. My main thing is to have the girls comfortable and when you have girls loving the place they work in it means higher customer satisfaction as well and word of mouth is the best advertisement. Eventually expanding the club or opening up a new one in a different location. I mean I have a long way to go but I'm just trying to start a trend so these girls can have a safer and better workplace.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Why would I post my ENTIRE idea when I only asked a simple question. Regardless of my gender I just wanted an opinion on how you think lenders will react towards a strip club.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Well since I don't qualify to be a social worker...
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    I use to be a webcam model and the studio I worked for took care of us and even helped me get into college. There were programs to help improve the models live and not be stuck in the sex industry forever if you didn't want to be. You think majority of the dancers want to strip their whole life? What comes after you turn 35? No education to get you a job and let's face it, a lot of these girls don't save up the money they make for their retirement.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    While some lenders will turn tail and run away from a strip club venture, others will be more than happy to look at it, and assess its viability in more or less objective ways. If you're talking about a Small Business Administration loan, the fact that you are female *and* of AA descent (whatever fraction you believe it to be), will be in your favor. If your other half is Asian or Native American, that'll up your chances as well. You wouldn't happen to be an veteran, would you? :) And if you're a lesbian to boot, well, can I watch? Seriously, though, a combination of private investors, and commercial and government lending, is probably a better approach than just one lender.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Oh, and cute pic. :)
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    "cute pic" +1
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Thanks. That made my day LOL
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Well, its worth taking a shot at it. I don't think it will tag you directly if you have a corp umbrella. (Credit checks for loans, etc. ding your credit rating.) So you always want a corp behind ya so things like that won't happen to you personally. Experiments cost money or the ability to get money. A corp can be had for $300 to $500. If you are serious, get a class C corp, not LLC, etc. At least with a C corp, ya can sell stock if it takes off. Always be sure to keep 51% of the stock in your name. :) A LLC has benefits to, but all of my companies have been C corps. Be sure to find out from the SBA if a corp will play - they may be only interested in sole proprietorships, so check things out before spending the money to disqualify yourself! It might help if your corporation helps other businesses to come to fruition - in other words, don't use the corp to obtain a loan to buy a strip club, use it for a "business incubator" or the like. Nothing that will bust ya for fraud on part of the loan, but don't say ya are getting it for a strip club either. If ya can get a place big enough for the strip club and for a real estate office rental office... all the better. I don't think they will give ya money for strip club anyhow - not when they got people asking for money to start an auto glass repair shop or other franchise ownership with a proven record. So ya gotta look at it from the SBA point of view - give you money or give this guy who is buying a proven money maker franchise some money. I think ya know where the decision will go.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Lol.....well good luck
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You guys got Juiced. She probably has a different story for every site she visits. This site? A start-up strip club story.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    This is website of strip club customers; not business professionals (although there are folks here from all walks of life) – so not exactly the best place to come for biz advice – trying talking to those in the biz or bang a couple of club owners and find out from them how to best fund a club (i.e. from those having experience doing it). It's great that you want to provide a great place for dancers to work – but if the dancers are your #1 priority then you are already fucking up – what's best for the dancers is not necessarily what's best for the customers – are you going to have $50 air-dances b/c “that's what's best for the dancers?”
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ did you not look at her link?
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Thank you to everyone who did provide relevant advice. & I'm not straying away from the whole point of a strip club. Im just providing options for afterwards. & LMAO to $50 air dances. No its your basic $20 dances. My club will not be some expensive place for imaginary millionaires. Just a chill atmosphere for your average Joe. And Mikeya please stfu and go assume somebody elses life. JEEZ. Im "juicing" people? If that was the case then I might as well open up a Tropical Smoothie store or something. But you know what? I can't wait for you to visit my club and have a great time.=-*
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ No one here is going to give you a loan and no one is going to give you money for nothing. Good luck with your scam link.
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    I never asked for a loan from ANYONE except a bank. So relax hun. & I will take all the good luck for my "scam" link LMFAO. Thanks boo.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    FemaleTakeover has got some spunk! I like it!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^sure thing mooch Usually gofundme has a more altruistic approach than opening a strip club.... My dog needs surgery help me through college my cousin needs chemo etc,etc
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    why are you so against opening up a strip club without help from a russian mob? Is it because Im a female? Is it because Im a minority? I sure hope not... I really just hope its because you have trust issues and have been scammed by Nigerians claiming to be an American war veteran and needed you to wire $3000 over to them and your dumbass fell for it...
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I think opening the club in Las Vegas is a poor idea. She's gonna be in competition with billion dollar corporations and some real heavy hitters in the adult entertainment business. And she's already talking of donating "the profits". Sorry, but you're gonna have to a bit more ruthless. If you really wanna be a social worker open your club in s place like Detroit not in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is full of glamor girls. Detroit has high school drop outs who are still sucking dicks at 45 to pay for milk for their 8 kids.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Female, if you have the bases covered, talk to a bank or a venture capitalist. And if you want money for nothing, go to [view link] with a plea to open a 24 hr state of the art pet kennel. You stand a better chance of being gofunded
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    I like her go fund idea. You should post it on FB
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Detroit sounds scary. I mean I live in Vegas so I would like it to be close to home. && I know a lot of dancers out here and traveling ones. I've worked in the industry and I am very experienced in networking . PLUS girls out here are way more flexible and nicer then the east coast where the attitude (defense mechanism) is on 100. As for donating profits thats once I hoepfully become successful.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Also you should get your dancer friends to get their regulars to donate $5, or $10. You got 100 friends and something going more people will be willing to donate because they want to be a part of something cool like that
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Good luck to you, FT. As a female custie, I'm happy to see another female going for a business opportunity. Hope it works out for you. I need another cool SC to visit whenever I'm in LV :)
  • FemaleTakeover
    9 years ago
    Thank you GACAclub. That is a great idea. Im texting some as we speak.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    If you open a McD I will shit in there
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    I know some dancers who also do burlesque shows. They do shows in bars that have bands/musicians. Maybe you could start a troupe. Get your toe in the water with an adult business, see what it's like before you take on a lot of debt.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    ^^ Ibb has a good idea there. I don't remember if you said you've danced in any Vegas clubs, but have you tried to get into management with one of them? It could give you some ideas on the ins and outs of the business from more of a financial point of view before you sink any cash and energy into one of your own.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    IMHO I don't think a strip club needs a humongous investment of having top of the line sound system; lighting, furnishings; etc. Sure – there are some SCers for whom (sorry Mr Deuce) posh accommodations are a requirement; but IMO most guys are horn dogs that would fuck in a garbage can. I've seen plush clubs that go under or are lightly attended; and I've seen dives that thrive. IMO as long as a SC is offering fair value to its customers instead of trying to gouge them anyway it can and has a decent dancer lineup; it can compete and maybe even beat out “the big boys”. One can start small; small decent place; and if one can do it well when it's small; then one can build from there – no need to sink a fortune into a club nor IMO does it require a fortune to get custies to visit a SC – it's mostly about the girls and the custies – nice dancers will bring in custies and more custies will bring in more dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion