tuscl

Would you buy your favorite a drink after she quit drinking?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Question for the folks that drink in the sc -

Scenario: One of my favorites is a daily hard drinker. She loves to do shots and will drink anything put in front of her. In fact, she is often broke because she spends her time drinking with the PL's instead of hustling for cash. She handles her drink well and stays fun regardless of how much she drinks.

Recently, the honey shared with me the inevitable problems such hard drinking leads to. They included health problems, DUI, family drama, money issues etc... She said she can't drink anymore and is stopping cold turkey. First time she's ever shared with me like this.

I'm glad for her. I hope she sticks to it. But, there are three things certain in life being death, taxes, and the baby doll will continue to drink at the club eventually.

So here's my question - after she's told me all the pain and suffering drinking is causing her, would I be wrong to buy her a drink the next time she sides up to me at the bar asking me to buy her a shot?

12 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Well, my ATF 'quit' drinking but it only lasted a day or two. But if I thought she was serious, no, I would not buy her drinks.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Hell no I wouldn't buy her any more drinks. She gave you the best reason to save some cash and her sobriety.

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    My ATF went to rehab for alcoholism. She stayed off alcohol for a year or so, but now is drinking again. If she asked me to buy her a drink, I would. She has to make her own choices.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I'd be circumspect since drinking is fine but drinking to excess is not! At the end of the day she's an adult and you're not her guardian (unless we're talking JohnSmith69-DS post adoption) but would probably say just ask if she had started again and talk a bit before leaping in!

The thing is that I don't like to directly contribute to problems in people's lives! If somebody is drinking or drugging to excess that's their business but I don't want to be the guy buying drinks! If it's drugs I just don't want to be around it period! Just not a brilliant scene!

But the comments above are 90% about me and only 10% about her! I'll say my thoughts and don't want to contribute to massive self destruction but it is her choice what to do! I just don't want to watch her go over the cliff or be a part of it!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Even though I'm no amateur when it comes to drinking and drugs, I also don't want to be part of someone else's problem. If she drinks I'll buy her drinks; if she's not a drinker I won't.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lone_Sheep: "So here's my question - after she's told me all the pain and suffering drinking is causing he"

Still not sure why you even listen to that shit in the first place.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As slash said; it's her decision – of course one should not push nor encourage her to drink; but if she wants to then she will whether you buy it or not.
  • bang69
    9 years ago
    I once got my atf a drink. I got her a bottle of water. because that's what she wanted
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Two days after the DS "quit" smoking cigarettes cold turkey, she asked me to buy her a pack of cigs. Of course I did it. She's almost an adult, and she can make her own decisions.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I'm not a stripper's babysitter. Whether she drinks or not is her decision. If a girl who I like comes over and asks for a drink, I'll get her one.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    If someone had a drinking problem and confided in me they were trying to go sober then no. Bottled water only from me.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Put me in the "no" group, for reasons similar, but not identical, to SamPepys'. I'd certainly buy her a *non-alcoholic* drink, but not booze. I have no desire to be an enabler.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion