tuscl

SC Owners/Managers should consult clubgoers

dennyspade
Illinois
Thursday, September 2, 2004 2:19 PM
Recently visited New Strip Club in Chicago area. The pieces seem to be there but it wasn't working for me. You guys know the feeling you get whan you walk into a place and know that you have the POSSIBILITY of having a great time? Music booming, girls looking hot, that sound of guys enjoying themselves, ... You know what I mean. Tell us what do you like to see/hear/experience when you first step into a new/different strip club? I like seeing some hot bods, diversity of dancers (body types/ethnicities/etc..) Just somebody saying welcome/hello/what ya drinkin' would be nice.

13 comments

• dennyspade
    20 years ago
    To FONDL -- If you find yourself in the South Suburbs of Chicago, IL by all means, go check out Jimmy's Restaurant in Chicago Heights. Topless club with a DJ, No Cover, $10 Lap Dances for a full song and they serve food. Go Figga !!
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I like the small friendly neighborhood bar type places best too. But there's a dilemma, usually these kind of places tend to have older dancers or ones who aren't quite as attractive, and as a result I have trouble finding the kind of girl that I like. The three places that come closest to my ideal are Teasers in Key West, Filly Coral Showbar in Smithton, PA, and Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indianapolis. Club Risque in Bristol, PA, is also pretty decent. I understand that Teasers closed and I don't have any reason to hit western PA or Indianapolis anymore. So I'm stuck with my current club - Gentlemen's Gold Club in Baltimore. It's a nice place with some really great girls but it's not really my kind of place. One of these days I want to try Hak's in Wilmington, DE. From the reviews I expect to like it.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    FONDL- my fav clubs are 24k in Atlanta, PP in columbia and Memphis, Peekaboo in FL, The Booby Trap in FL, Sammys in Birmingham, Lookers in Ft Myers, Ybor Strip and Mons in Tampa. I also like to slum at Showtime in Nashville, Lady Godiva in SC, and Jerrys Cabaret in Mobile.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    as for which clubs come closest to my ideals, i tend to like the smaller, neighborhood clubs. Places like the PP's are kind of hybrids, big clubs that don't do the "showbar" thing. to me the best clubs are the seedy joints, in the bad parts of town. the ones without humidors and costumed waitresses, or shooter girls.
  • dennyspade
    20 years ago
    When I started this thread, I had just visited one of those showclub "high-class" pretentious clubs recently opened in Chicago 'burbs. It wasn't happening for me and I think you guys have placed it into a context that we all can understand. We like what we like and feel comfortable with dancers, patrons, and management who all seem to understand what we are doing and why we do it. Give us a "cover-free" reasonably priced drink and dance menu, familiar music that we can make conversation over, and some natural looking girl-next-door entertainers who can talk about something other than their financial obligations and scorn for the other dancers and management. "Bitchin' Babes" really mean something different to guys who come out to SEE some "Bitchin' BABES." Listening to "Bitchin' Babes" was what drove us out of the house in the first place.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    ShotDisc, I can't believe your list, you and I like and dislike exactly the same things. Unfortunately I think the big fancy overpriced gentlemen's clubs are the ones that make the most money, so they will always be there. By the way, what are your favorite clubs, which ones come closest to your list of likes and dislikes?
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I LOVE clubs that keep the music low enough to promote conversation. Unfortunately, most people or clubs love the blaring music. I left a club last night with pockets full of cash because the mmusic was just too much after an hour or so. Yes, your ears get used to it, but in the morning it headache time and NOT too much fun struggling to hear what people are saying. Takes about 3 or 4 days to recover. 3 or 4 days that could be better spent at the strip clubs. And, I usually spend more $$$ on a dancer if there is conversation and also have a much stronger interest in going back. The Trap in Miami is fairly good about playing soft relaxing music (soft rock?) especially when Sky was running the show. Sky kept turning the music down. :) I should have tipped him more . . . He seemed to be well liked by the dancers and customers.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    Forgot two: I HATE obnoxious DJ's with a passion I LOVE clubs that keep the music low enough to promote conversation.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    An open message to SC Owners. As a longtime fan of strip clubs, here are the things I do and don't like about your clubs: I HATE big, fancy, overblown clubs. The classic "showbar" concept where all the dancers have silicone tits and look like barbies are places i avoid. I HATE clubs where I am pressured to buy drinks. I also hate waitresses who come by every 10 min to see if i'm "OK". I know where the bar is, and know how to get the waitresses attention if i need her. I HATE being forced to tip dancers. I wll tip who I want to tip, when I want to tip them. Making me tip every dancer just makes me want to get up and leave I HATE fake VIP rooms. I HATE clubs that advertise friction dances or lap dances and all you get is air. I HATE clubs that have t-shirt or plastic mug promos I LOVE small local clubs, diamonds in the rough I LOVE local dancers who work at the same club forever I LOVE full-contact clubs I LOVE clubs that are honest. One of my favorite clubs is Sammy's in Birmingham AL. Even though private dances are almost non-existent, it never tries to make it self out to be more than it is. I LOVE natural dancers. Girls with some meat on their bones. I LOVE dancers of all ages I HATE Tattoos I LOVE clubs that don't charge $5 for a coke or club soda. I LOVE clubs that open at noon and don't charge a cover during the day shift. I LOVE clubs that don't force their dancers to wear fancy costumes. I honestly don't care if a club has feature dancers. In all the years I have been visiting SC I have only seen one feature that was better than the house girls. The best thing you can do is be honest with your customers. Don't try to be more than you are.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    A friendly atmosphere is everything for me. If I feel welcome I enjoy, otherwise I don't. Hard to say what that is, but for me I usually prefer a neighborhood Cheers-type bar that also happens to have cute unaggressive girl-next- door type dancers having fun. It's hard to have fun if the dancers don't seem to be enjoying themselves.
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    Absolutely. In truth, I don't care what the strip club looks like so long as it feels like a strip club the moment I enter. Which is difficult to explain considering all strip clubs feel different from each other. On the other hand, I have been to strip clubs which indisputably feel like strip clubs, but absolutely suck anyway. All I really ask for in a strip club is dancers who turn me on. The only problem with that is there isn't a dancer who knows how to turn every single guy on.
  • SmutVillain
    20 years ago
    I can't think of too many people who appreciate high-pressure "sales tactics" from the girls. Most guys (like myself, for example) want to spend some money in the club without being made to feel "obligated" or semi-forced into doing so. Seems that girls who can "sell" without being overly pushy are at a premium nowadays.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I like it relatively quiet. Both music and dancers. When I walk in I like it to be relatively cold, (I'm in Miami), softly playing old rock. Don't need or care to much about being greeted especially if I'm new. The girls should be small and healthy. Relaxed attire. Not into fancy costumes. I like the girl next door look. Bikinis are ok. High heels are over done. The dancer's butt should naturally jut outward, if not she needs to exercise. I can't stress health strongly enough. There should be a NO bother area with pool tables or the like. A cover charge is a real turn-off because I like to go to the club day after day. It doesn't take too many visits where the girls don't show or are ugly for this to seem like a waste of money so I stop coming by (except on busy nights) to see if there is a dancer worth spending money on. The furniture need to be the right height. At this one bar, The Trap, the table friction dances seem so comfortable while at another club the girl is just at an awkward level. Perhaps those old fashioned adjustable stools. Dark areas and lighter areas are nice . . .
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion