tuscl

Tip Outs

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
So here's a discussion topic I never fully understood.

Stage Tip Out.

I know at several clubs, girls can pay $xxx amount so they don't have to go on stage. I think I rarely hear a number under $100 and I have heard as high as $250.

Now, at a super busy club such as sapphires in Vegas, bourbon street in phx, I can see girls paying the fee to avoid stage time, because they can quickly make up that $200 tip out in lappers, plus they save all that time off stage where they don't make many tips anyway.

Here's what I don't get, slower clubs? I was out last week at a dead club and the stripper working me "bought herself off the stage rotation," but was complaining that she needed to make $500 that night. She spent the majority of the evening sitting playing on her phone, so why didn't she just go on stage and then her nightly goal may have gone down to $400. Also, maybe her stage presence may have enticed a PL to get a lap dance from her to where they would notice her versus her going unnoticed, sitting in a booth in the corner tapping on her phone?

19 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Too many strippers don't realize that the stage show is, or should be, an advertisement. Some girls need it more than others.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    At my favorite club there are so many dancers most of the time so dancers don't even have to pay a higher tip out. The dancers at this club don't make hardly anything for their appearances on stage. I haven't even spent $5 on stage tips this whole year. The dancers don't expect to make ant real money and openly admit it is just a way to advertise their wares.

In my experience those dancers that sit in a corner playing with there phones rather than getting on stage or soliciting lap dances are for the most part just waiting for their big spending regulars to come in. Foolish economics but nobody every accused a stripper of being too smart.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    Depends on the girl. Some clubs especially full nudes require you to be full nude or your fined as if you never went on stage. I've not went on stage because of personal issues I needed to handle either by texting or calling someone. Also haven't went because I had a regular spending more money on me then what I would've made. Also stripping is all about confidence so just one comment about "the fat or ugly" chick can kill a girls confidence for the night and make her not go on stage. Another concern for new girls is that time of the month. A lot are afraid to cut the string to hide things so they wont get on stage. The ones of us that have danced for a while don't opt out unless its something major but new girls you never know.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    dumb and/or lazy would seem to describe the situation. Even the DS hussles the room before I arrive.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ that was my intuition JS69. That and ego like "I'm too hot to have to go onstage like everyone else."
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    My ATF hates going on stage even though she's quite good. One of her lines to get a PL to VIP is her distaste for going on stage.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Most strippers don't like going on stage. If no one tips, they feel like they're giving away a free show.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I know one girl who skips stage because of back problems.

At night, with one main stage and 40 or more girls, a dancer likely only goes on twice. Stage tips can easily break 20 or 25 bucks when it's busy. And girls in VIP get bumped back in the rotation.

To me it doesn't make sense to skip stage. But some strippers use stripper logic.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I'll pay a skip fee (usually around $20) if the girl I'm sitting with wants to keep drinking or eating dinner with me. Or if we are about to go to VIP so she doesn't get called out of the booth mid BBBJ. ;)

This is usually day shift when there aren't a lot of dancers on staff and it's slow.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I can understand most dancers not wanting to go on stage; but it's part of the job.

Off the top of my head I've seen two instances where in general certain dancers will not go on stage:

1) a hot dancer than can consistently and fairly easily make very good $$$ while on the floor.

2) older dancers that may not feel comfortable or confident being “center stage” and prefer, and may be better at, the one-on-one hustle
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Lots of good comments. The strippers should look at 'stage time' as way to advertise their goods. We meet some newbies that way last week at Follies.

One strange occurrence, a fav had deathly fear of heights. Even the couple of feet on the stage freaked her out, so she would not get on stage. I thought is was SS, but one day walked in the club and she came running over to see me. She was a tiny thing, so grabbed her in hug and lifted her up and swung her around. She went super nova and I remembered her fear of heights. I calmed her down. Alas all was good after several lappers!
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Holy crap vmd- I've never seen anyone that fearful of a foot or two in height. She should see someone about that. Does she sleep on the floor?
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    I agree George the stage is an advertisement. However, the other night this guy bought 33 dances from me and we talked and I felt vulnerable and I felt funny going up there in front of him
  • Bavarian
    9 years ago
    33 dances? That's excessive. Are those like $10 each? I think the sweet spot is 5. I do 10 with the CF
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I have seen some girls make more on stage than lapdances on a busy night. Depends how the club is set up.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    9 years ago
    Not all of us need to 'advertise.'

Every club is different in the way of the future of stage tipping. I travel a lot and in some places I make $200+ on stage but at my home club I feel awesome if I get $10. Going on stage is hard on your body, you get bruises and floor burns from choosing the allure of being/looking sexy over comfortable moves. And, when you're doing floor work on a hard surface, and you have to do that for several minutes, several times a night--it KILLS your knees.

You guys have talked about how girls only have to go on stage only once or twice a night but many clubs have more than one stage...most of the places I work have three or four. You may do great or you may do shitty on stage. Most times it's not all you guys think it's cracked up to be, and you're then all sweaty for the next guy who asks you to dance.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    9 years ago
    *culture of stage tipping.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Get tip out for tip out
  • MrBater2010
    9 years ago
    Insightful point of view.

If I am not busy and it is slow. I always put a dollar or more every few rounds on the stage. Usually, can talk to the woman for a second and get a feel for her personality. And if you like her enough you can ask her to your table. That is just the way I have always thought of it. She is working, could have stayed home.

Now, if you tip her a few times and she doesn't come around and say thank you, then you didn't waste money on a lap dance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion