tuscl

Club Review Repercussions...

hassenpfeffer65
Flirtin’ with Disaster
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:42 AM
Has anyone ever heard if our reviews on this site have any effect on club or individual dancer business? I thought of this when a club I visited recently was shut down for violating an ordinance regarding conduct just a few days after I wrote a review. I don't think for a moment that my personal review targeted the club but it made me wonder how our reviews are perceived by SC management, dancers, or LE. I've only heard one anecdote about reviews . A dancer once told me the club manager watched for reviews and would let the staff know when their club got a positive one but she didn't mention TUSCL directly. She brought the subject up during some strip-o-babble (my God, that one was a talker) because I never mention the possibility for a review to a dancer since it might taint our interaction.

17 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I WISH that management/owners paid any attention to reviews. I once took about 20 reviews to to the corporate offices of the Platinum Plus chain complaining about the loud music. Those of you that go to their clubs know my action fell on deaf ears.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @shadowcat, their ears are deaf because they've spent too much time in their own clubs. The don't think it's too loud anymore.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    If a club got closed down, there was probably an ongoing investigation for a while. I wouldnt think a review posted a couple days before the club got shut down would be a cause. It may have given them more to confirm what they thought.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I wish, although rare I have reported ROBs in my reviews just to see them still working a year later.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    No one has ever mentioned anything I've written here in the club; even my ATF seems unaware of my reviews. I don't talk about this site to dancers at all. One funny story though: about a year ago one of my regulars walks by me and says, "Hey rock star, how's it going?" I pull her aside and say, "Uh oh, have I been outed?" She was very confused by that, and it turned out she was just calling me that. Whew! Not that I write anything a dancer would be offended at, but you never know!
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I don't think it's anything management or LEO or the local government officials pay any attention to. Especially within 2 days of a review? When's the last time someone in government did ANYTHING quickly?
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Just last week a dancer was telling me how she keeps getting hassled by customers who had read some bullshit that named her, posted by some disgruntled dipshit. I've heard similar things from other dancers before. Often in news reports, vice cops tell how they follow up on what they see posted online. It's hard to cite specific cases where a review resulted in a raid, because cops don't usually reveal that information, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it happens.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ^ What chandler said. Of course LE is going to factor in what is posted on public sites in choosing which clubs to target. Why wouldn't they? The shit is just sitting out there for anyone to read and all too many mongers are eager to brag about getting their dicks wet, even when they paid for it.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Busting a SC requires political approval; between the owners clout via with public officials and the expense of sting operations, no cop will take it upon himself to bust a club. His boss and his boss' boss would have to approve before anything would happen. I doubt a review would get the process started, even if it names names. It might get a dancer fired though.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Yelp probably has more impact than tuscl. LE knows which clubs are dirty.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I have heard some dancers talking about being reviewed on TUSCL. They did not like being judged and objected to some of the things said about them. I pretended not to know anything about TUSCL.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    If the cops want to know what goes on/down in strip clubs, they should be reading Stripper Web. That's where the truth is, just ask any of the girls on there. lol. Could you imagine the cop that was assigned to read all the stripper web posts? They'd be susicidal after being immersed in the "stripper shit/drama" each day...
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I'm often hesitant to post too many, if any, of the more lewd details in case this may affect the club/dancers b/c of management or LE reading the reviews. Hard to say if management/owners read reviews of their clubs – I'm sure many do and I'm sure many don't give a shit about reading no stinking reviews since they manage their clubs in a “I don't give a shit” manner to begin with. w.r.t. LE – I agree that they have a pretty good idea of what goes on in the clubs and probably only act when forced to either by self-serving politicians or local citizens having it in for a particular club.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Reviews should have no impact. It says right at the bottom that everything should be considered a work of fiction. Riiight??
  • MrBater2010
    9 years ago
    I can tell you that a N.E. Metro Atlanta County only budgets about 8 hours a month for online cyber crime in the vice area. Grand Jury is so much fun, NOT!! The pay barely covers lunch. The officer that testified on several cases in that county said he had other duties on top of that. So his thing was to use yahoo chat to try and catch pedofiles. Yeah, I didn't know Yahoo chat was still around either. He could usually get a bite within a few minutes and then it was just a matter of setting up a meet and collecting dick pics. LOL With that said if they were looking out of the blue they would probably head to CL or BP. IMHO.
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    I have heard more comments from dancers talking about good and bad reviews on web sites than I have seen clubs getting targeted for a review. I have had a few dancers asked me if I posted a review about them, and often when I tell them I haven't I heard a long rant about all the comments on her and how it's makes it hard for them when they dance, and a few even how it got them in trouble in the club. Yet to this day I have yet to meet a dancer who was ever fired from a comment posted about her at a club. One of my favorite clubs for years, until it went lame, had many posts on various sites about all the extra activity that goes on in the club, and the only things I ever recall it ever got cited for was failing to card underage drinkers and showing too much nipple a few times. Several years ago another club with very few reviews, was busted in a long going racketeering investigation. The news reported prostitution, drug dealing and extortion being repent at the club, yet a club that has been known for this and more has yet to get busted.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I dont give a fuck
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion