tuscl

Depressed

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the NBA's all-time leading scorer, had quadruple bypass surgery today.

Dang, he played until he was 42. He was thin. If even he developed heart disease, how the hell are the rest of us old fat guys gonna make it?

12 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Tall people (over 7') die young as a group. He's still alive, give him credit.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I'm sure that his 7'-4" height was a big (no pun intended!) factor. That much height puts a lot of stress on the pump and its associated blood vessels. Add that to the proclivity of black men to suffer coronary obstructive disease and you have a quad bypass.
  • Josh43
    9 years ago
    I love basketball and Kareem is probably my favorites of all time. He’s also a thoughtful, intelligent, guy into writing, charity, and politics. Hope he does okay. I remember that he was always into yoga and fitness—but cholesterol levels and heart disease have a huge genetic component (for some it doesn't matter how much discipline they put into their diet).
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Gotta wonder if he wasn't pulling a Lance Armstrong back when he was playing ball.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Do you really want to be an old fat guy living in a retirement home? No you don't! Live large and check out early!
  • luv_women
    9 years ago
    You know Kareem is being cool because he learned karate from Bruce Lee and appeared in Airplane.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Nature vs nurture – i.e. genetics and life-style seem to both contribute.

Some people have very poor health/life-style choices and live a long healthy life – some people don’t smoke; drink and eat healthy yet they may die prematurely or have heath issues.
  • EarlTee
    9 years ago
    "So, Kareem, other than the quadruple bypass, how did you enjoy your birthday?"

Yup, he turned 68 the day of the surgery.

Cheeses, how is everybody getting so old so fast?
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    I have always liked Kareem as a basketball player but he has always seem to be a man that stuck to his principles. That I respect more than his playing skill. Wish him the best.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    When I saw the topic "Depressed" I thought jestie214 had hacked into motorhead's account.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Cheeses? Maybe he really did say blessed are the cheesemakers then at the Sermon on the Mount.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It's easy to avoid in my opinion if you drink at least 1.5 ounces of palmgranate juice a day. Israeli studies confirmed that it reduces plaque buildup in your arteries over time. The longer you drink it, the cleaner your arteries get. However big drug companies have zero profit incentive to tell anyone this. Plus I'm wondering if I got a bad batch from Walmart. Gave me a bit of diarhea. I know of one guy who drinks a whole glass of it every day. I can't stomach that much. He probably has squeaky clean arteries.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion