tuscl

Fuck NASCAR. :)

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

17 comments

• bvino
    9 years ago
    Tank you for that. I work with automotive people and this was a big hit in the office today.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    It was a tank but I meant Thanks.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Is that the car you drove to your HS Prom, Shadow?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Nice car! Way better than NASCAR. Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Eeeee-hah! 1730 cubic inches! However, I'd bet that my 5.7 liter Hemi has more power.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    OMG...you have to be brave to go 135 MPH in that thing! Look at the wheels!!!
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Cool post, shadowcat. I don't think that I would care to drive that beast, however.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Nice post. I'd like to go to this event one day, set in the beautiful countryside of Sussex - one of our counties that are on the south coast.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I'm not a car enthusiast, but I still have to say that was cool!
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    The Good Wood Festival sounds like something that would fit in perfectly on TUSCL.

If the car hadn't been driven in 100 years, why would you risk taking the first drive on Friday the 13th?
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Because by the time you got that engine turned over it would be the 14th!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    lol, I thought my neighbors had noisy vehicles.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    crazy,

"Non Athletic"? Thinking that, you are aptly "nicked". You ever driven one? I've done so a few times. Not that easy. Take the heat, speed, and incredible concentration needed for hours. Most all teams have an athletic trainer and gyms in their shops.

Now if you want to go back to the old days, then you wouldn't be crazy.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Mythbusters did a piece on race-car driving, about how much weight a driver loses just during the race. If I remember right, the myth was that they could lose about ten pounds in just one race (IIRC). The junior team did some racing, though not as long or as far as professional racers, and each of them sweated off a couple pounds, proving the myth to their satisfaction.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @Phantom: I used to race go-carts a little and it the most tiring thing I've ever done! Both mentally and physically, you're 100% every second. If you try to rest at all you lose time. I'm only 150 lbs and I'm sure I lost 4-5 lbs. after a 50 lap race.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    rock,

I forgot about karts. My friends and I were very into them when younger. And yes, tiring, but damn sure a lot of fun!

We would put an old lawnmower or chainsaw engine on about anything.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    I am jealous of you, rockstar666. I have always loved speed and driving but I never had the time to pursue the passion. I bought a couple of hot cars during my brief retirement. Unhappily, I was in my 60s by then and my capabilities were not up to the capabilities of the cars.

Strictly F-150s for me now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion