tuscl

Ignore Questions

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
I am rarely on the giving or receiving end of ignoring somebody. Therefore, I'm not entirely sure how it works. If somebody has you on ignore, I think you don't see their discussions or posts when you are logged in, but you can see them if not logged in. Is that right? I also assume that the person who has you on ignore when logged in does not see the discussions or the comments that the ignored person makes. Is that right? In other words, I think you're basically invisible to one another when logged in.

The reason I'm asking is that the posts of our resident Santa Clara County weirdo no longer show up when I'm logged in. I assume that he decided to ignore me because he was scared when I tried to meet him in San Francisco which is fine. But two procedural points confuse me. First, he continues to post under his login in discussions that I start. I've seen these when I'm not logged in. How can he post in my discussions if he is ignoring me? Shouldn't he be unable to even see my discussions when he is logged in, and certainly not be able to post to those discussions? Second, in some of his posts which I can only see when I'm not logged in (obviously I'm referring to the shorter posts because nobody can stay awake long enough to read the long ones) he asks me questions. How/why would you ask questions of a person you are ignoring?

23 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Case in point. I just saw that the following discussion that I started had a comment an hour ago, but I don't see any comment.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

I logged out and then I see the comment from SJG. How does he post a comment to one of my discussions if he is ignoring me?

I don't miss our leading Mexican bar table dancing expert, so feel free to skip those jokes if you want to. I'm really just trying to figure out how this system (not "The System") works. It's also irritating to see that there are comments made to your discussions, go to check them, and there's nothing.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    If you have "User A" on YOUR ignore list, you will not see any of "User A's" discussions or comments when logged in. No filtering will be applied when you are logged out.

"User A" can do whatever they please without any regard to what's on YOUR ignore list. "User A" would see all of your posts unless "User A" put you on his ignore list. Considering that entire discussions are filtered by the ignore feature, it seems like it should be impossible for someone to post on your discussion thread and have you on their ignore list at the same time

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Gee, if I put JS69 and SJG on ignore, this site would look smaller
  • founder
    9 years ago
    @JohnSmith69 It sounds like you have SJG on ignore, not the other way around

• GACA
    9 years ago
    HOLY MOLY!!! @founder does exist. I thought that it was TUSCL folklore
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Holy shit founder answers one of my posts! I'm touched and honored.

You would know better than me so I'll check. I might have accidentally ignored the AMP master.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Sorry for my ignorance about this. I've only purposefully ignored one person ever and I have never tried to turn it off.

I found SJG's profile, clicked on the microphone, and it said "San Jose guy has been added to your ignore list." That suggests to me that I wasn't ignoring him before but I am now. Now I don't know how to turn off ignore. Help?
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Go to your profile. Click on ignore list. And you can choose who to un-ignore
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Under "my profile" there are a few links near the top of the page, one of which is "Ignore List". Click on it and all the asshats that you have on ignore will appear, along with the option to un-ignore them.

Unless you have me on ignore too, in which case you won't see this post.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Man if it would be funny as shit if sjg posted on this thread
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Hey JohnSmith, I'll do an Alucard on you so you can see what that is like. Expect a private message and try to respond. lol.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Nice
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    GAC, thanks for the explanation. For everyone else, glad to keep you entertained with something besides sex stories for a change.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Shark, thanks I get it. I'm sorry that Alucard was prior to my active participation in the discussions. He was obviously entertaining.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Ok, I see your messages again. I think half the discussion disappeared.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    My head is spinning, I scrolled down through all the suggested list of friends on facebook. The list kept growing and growing. I noticed it put the top choices on recent pages I just looked at.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Hey John, You are a VILE attack dog with a SINGLE neuron. I hope you DIE and turn into the SLIME you really are. LMFAO!

That was Alucard
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Mikey, that was probably on one of his good days. Kinda makes Dougster seem friendly and approachable.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    JS69: How does he post a comment to one of my discussions if he is ignoring me?

John, it could be that he's circumventing his own Ignoring of you by having two screens open -- one where he's logged in as SJG, the other as either someone else or not at all. Why he'd do that, I have no idea other than he HAS to have his say, even if no one else is listening.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I've never put anyone on ignore. No reason to.

SJG
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    You're a brilliant soul san_jose_guy! Keep up the positive energy! :)
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    @JS 69: Looks like all the drugs and fucking are having an impact :-)
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Have you ever seen JS69's DS? She"s a pig.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion