tuscl

Disturbing findings about the personalities of Internet Trolls

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
This is some pretty disturbing stuff.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and…

One of the basic conclusions is that Internet trolls are real life sadists. The reason that they devote so much time to anonymous Internet forums is that it is the safest place to act sadistically without consequences. It makes me wonder how Internet trolls treat other people in real life situations where they can get away with mistreatment.

15 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Have people been treating you sadistically on here RickyBoy? Like making fun of your System? Yeah, that is rough...
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Ring, ring.

"Hello Kettle? This is Pot. You're black."
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    georgemicrodong speaks the truth rickdugan. You encourage the trolls every time you post then you bitch like a little retarded bitch!

And georgemicrodong you retard, you also encourage trolls. Only way to fight trolls is to fuck with them until they give up. Like I did with zipman68 and steve229.

Brilliant boy, see how one exclamation point actually stresses a point? Don't give in to being a retard troll.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    It's actually a brilliant study. Finds that the subset of trolls who are sadistic have traits consistent with a sadistic personality! Wonder how much their grant to do that research was?
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    Look rickdugan, I wasn't trying to create a troll storm with my comment about DUI! However, DUI really is not cool! I don't know if you regularly drive drunk, but if you do I'd really reconsider what you're doing! Remember: DUI = not brilliant!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I think it's a good defense. Maybe RickyBoy could get skibum to represent him in court:

"Did you knowingly drive with your BAC over the legal limit?"

"Yes, your honor, but so what? Why am I even here when there are people on TUSCL who bump threads with 'lol!' or, even worse just blank space!"
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Well, I certainly found the study disturbing. Hows about the rests of yous?
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    How many of us are knowingly acquainted with an internet troll IRL ? (eg, have met a troll face to face)
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    The TUSCL gods are smiling upon us now as we type. Great works my brothers, great works!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Extremely disturbing findings...
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    Interesting article and fascinating topic.

To think these trolls wake up each day with the sole purpose of creating agitation. Their nut is achieved by successfully pissing people off. What a dark world that must be.

Luckily we only have to put up with their demented personalities while on-line. Dancers, in contrast, actually have to sit on their laps and listen to their BS in person. Crazy.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    I wonder what a hard core troll would feel after reading the article. Probably a mixture of denial, recognition, acceptance, revulsion, fear, but mostly overwhelming pride.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol!
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I feel a great disturbance in the force...
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol fuck you Richard
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion