tuscl

OT: Welcome to Tax Season

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:18 AM
I'm using the MLK Holiday to get started on tax season. This year I'm responsible for 7 tax returns, up one from last year. I'll be doing 4 myself while my accountant gets to do 3. I'm expecting the bill to be even more mind boggling than last years was. At the same, I should be getting some pretty titanic refunds when everything is all done. How about the rest of you? How many returns do you need to do? Do you do them yourself or have an accountant prepare them for you?

11 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    One. I do it myself. My finances aren't complicated enough to justify an accountant. Did it once, made a difference that wasn't even close to the extra I paid.
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Accountant does my business taxes. Turbotax does my own. Hear from the media there will be a lot of wailing over Obamacare and those that didn't take part. I think it will be minor whining cuz many of the college students can still be on mom and dad's healthcare. This is a bomb that will blow up slowly.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Just one. My own. Mine aren't complicated, so I can do them with one of those online programs I did mine online for the first time last year and had no issues
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    One. TurboTax
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Just the one -- my own. As usual, I'm going the EZ route and, again, I'm using TaxAct Online. It'll be about $18 for both state and federal.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Gotta do returns for all your alternate accounts this year Dugly?
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Lololol
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Ah, first year I'll need to do state income taxes as well.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Tax Season: aka Winning Time for strippers Typically, dancers get huge refunds due to the EIC and "slightly" under reporting their income. And since many PL's spend a portion of their refunds at strip clubs, tax season is a win-win for strippers.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ some dancer must have lied to me. She told me tax season was slow, because the big spenders had to pay their taxes.....hm
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I do five tax returns -- my federal and two state returns and my son's federal and state (though I'm finally teaching him to do his own!) -- all using TaxAct Online for $50 or so. I can't work on my car or "club my basement" (as they say in Maryland), but by golly I always do my own taxes!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion