tuscl

Favorite ride you had as a youth.......

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:28 PM
Mine was a 65 Chevy Impala SS. Silver with a black vinyl top, bucket seats, Cragar SS mags, and a smooth 327 engine. A lot of fun crusin' with my friends.

15 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ im jelous
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I never had a fave ride – just got what I could afford and made sense for my situation. But my fave ride growing up was a black Smokey and the Bandit Transam w/ t-tops and the golden screaming eagle on the hood.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I drove my Mom's Chrysler Newport Custom, gold metalflake and a 383 that just wouldn't quit. A very large, heavy car whose styling made it appear smaller and sportier than you'd think. My favorite driver? Our '68 Coronet station wagon with a 318, heavy duty suspension and limited slip differential. For the cars I have owned, my favorite is my current ride, a pull-me-over red Dodge Charger R/T with a hemi. I also have a lot of sweet memories of my 1984 Dodge Spirit R/T with a 2.4 liter turbo and a five on the floor.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    My favorite ride in High School was Ann. Ann was like a moped... Fun to ride, but you didn't want your friends to see you. lol.
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    '67 Ford Fairlane, candy apple red, 289V8, 3 spd floor shifter. It wasn't all original but I loved that car. A '66 Fairlane GT is still my dream car. Good times.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    '65 Mustang maroon with a white convertible top - "Hi-Performance 289" - I bought it in '67 for $750. Traded it in '69 for a brand new Datsun 2000 sports car ($3200). I wish I had them both today.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    When I was young (1960's), the first nice car I bought was a Mustang. I did not yet know about German cars.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    In my early days, I drove whatever I could. At different times, a Rambler wagon, VW Beetle, Buick Skylark, Chrysler 300, and even an old '49 Dodge I beat the hell out of. It was a TANK!!! My first car I bought and it was new, my favorite. '67 Plymouth Valiant, but equipped like a Formula "S" Barracuda. A true sleeper. BTW, it ate up those HIPO 289 mustangs!
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    1973 Mustang with 351 Cleveland engine. I loved that car.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I don't think I really had a favorite as a youth. My first car was a '49 Chevy that I paid $150 for and my insurance cost $200/yr. The first new car I ever bought was a '73 Ranchero and it was my favorite until I bought a new 2011 Mustang GT. Which has now been replaced with my 2015 Mustang GT.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I never really had a favorite either, but I still miss my very first car sometimes; had the thing for nine years before it started nickel-and-diming me in repairs. It was a red '79 Chevy Monza, brand new, sold to me by a beautiful young blonde with big blue eyes. Okay. Now I'm starting to wonder if I really miss the car or the blonde.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The first car I ever owned was a 1984 Fiero. It was a POS but it was MY POS. It was too heavy and slow, but looked cool at the time.
  • bubba267
    9 years ago
    While my buds were flexing their muscle cars, I was learning the pleasures of a 1973 Chevrolet station wagon with the both rear seats folded down..... They never understood why I had that dumb-ass grin on my face despite driving such a POS ride!
  • impala
    9 years ago
    74 Nova SS with a 427 out of an old Impala with a duel carb set-up off a vette and a 5 speed out of an mid 80's Camaro. Thing didn't start running right till about 100. Looking back I wonder how I'm still alive.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    My gosh impala! How far did you have to beat back the wheelwells and firewall to get that setup installed?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion