tuscl

OT: Some guys are just too stupid to get laid by non-dancers

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
I had the pleasure of watching comedy in action this morning at an airport bar. A guy was working a girl who was probably out of his league, but he had a decent gift of gab. Then the guy offered to buy her a beer when she was clearly working on a bloody Mary. A beer at 7:30 in the morning. To compound the error, rather than offering her another drink of her choice, he spent the next 3 minutes forcing her to justify why she doesn't like beer.

Some people are just too stupid to get laid.

26 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy wearing his polyester suit and drinking his whiskey in an airport bar early in the morning?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Attempting an early AM pick-up in an airport bar?.........stupidity compounded by a total lack of simple common sense.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Hey everybody has their system, this guy is about pestering you until you can't say no. Works on some girls. Stupid way of doing things. I prefer to sit back real cool and relaxed at the bar, and have them approach me. That way you have an active participant. Usually I'm dressed nicely and ordering top shelf scotch.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Tell the truth Rick-dude. The dude trying to pick up chicks at an airport bar at 7:30am (!) was actually you. You posted the story here to see if you could get feedback on what you did wrong.

If you had offered the chick a Harvey Wallbanger she would have gotten down on her knees and given you a sloppy BJ right there in the bar. Trust me, I do it all the time. If I need a pre-8 am BJ from a strange chick it is straight to the airport. I practice saying "hey bay-bee...want a Harvey Wallbanger?" during the drive. Gets me in the zone.

Try that and report back.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Huh
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Zipper may have a point
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A stripper wouldn't be drinking at 7:30 am, right ?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    I'll bet that was jerkoffson, who couldnt lay a carpet much less a real woman.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy might want to ask himself if this guy he was watching looked any more ridiculous than he himself does when he is in the club wearing his polyester suit and running his faggity The System.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "Attempting an early AM pick-up in an airport bar?.........stupidity compounded by a total lack of simple common sense."

And that's where you're wrong Art.

Interacting with women is good, no matter what time of day or what the situation. If nothing more, it gives you some practice and makes you feel a bit more comfortable. Hopefully the guy will realize his mistakes in his delivery, probably not, but I can't fault the guy for trying. If you don't try you'll never succeed.

It's easy to sit back smugly and berate the guy, but it takes balls to do what he did. For some guys it takes a lot of balls, for others it's easier.

Rule #1 in life: You never know until you try.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    And by the way, if you're so fucking good and smug about this Dugan, why didn't you step in and show him how it's done? Because it's easier to skulk back to your safe strip club where you can be the little puppy dog for these women, instead of having balls and finding a real woman on your own.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ coming from the biggest woman repellant of them all.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Hey, jerkoffson. You are aware that RickyBoy is married aren't you?
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    "but it takes balls to do what he did"

No it doesn't. That's like saying it takes balls to jump into a lion pit at the zoo. It's not courage it's stupidity.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Wow, dude...if merely talking to a woman is so horrifying to you that you think it's like jumping into a lion pit, then you need some counseling...seriously...
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Was the third sentence too complicated for you or did you just ignore it?
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    No, I saw it...I'm just wondering why it's stupid to talk to a girl. Stupid like jumping in a lions cage? Seems strange dude. Okay, maybe he's not the smoothest guy on the planet, but what rag on him for trying? I respect a guy like that. At least he tries. Other guys sit back and call him stupid, but he probably gets the chicks.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Meat sez: "I prefer to sit back real cool and relaxed at the bar, and have them approach me. That way you have an active participant. Usually I'm dressed nicely and ordering top shelf scotch"

Yeah...I'm sure...

How does that work for you? I guess you're like a chick magnet huh? They just come to you right? They're noticing you so closely that they can hear you order expensive scotch? That's awesome dude.

Tell me you're joking...please....
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Jerikson, I've been married twice and, in between those marriages, rarely was my bed been cold if I wanted company. I don't mean to sound like this, but I've never had a problem finding dates. During those rare stretches in which I've been truly single in the last 20 years, I actually clubbed a lot less than when I was attached because I was having too much fun playing around in the dating pool. Years ago, when I had to abandon my dreams of being Gordon Gekko and develop the skills necessary to sell snake oil, I learned that those same sales skills could also help me in the dating market. ;)

So, in a nutshell, don't project your trouble getting laid upon me or anyone else around here. :)

Now yes, I actually do applaud the guy for having the moxy to make the attempt, cold, at an airport bar early in the morning. What I question is his moronic attempt to push a girl to take a beer when she was already 2/3 of the way through a Bloody Mary and made it clear that she wasn't a beer drinker. In about 30 seconds flat he pissed away all the rapport he had built up with her. Why couldn't he have just offered her another Bloody Mary? He just couldn't seem to wrap his head around the notion that she didn't want to down a Bud with him at 7:30 in the morning.

And for those of you who wondered if it was me, no. First off, I don't hit on civvie girls any more - I AM married after all. Second, I make it a rule not to drink before 7pm. The only reason I happened to be there is that it was the only place near my terminal offering a breakfast platter, so this side entertainment was going on as I consumed my eggs, sausage and coffee.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    Likely story Dugan dude. Now I know it was you.

Try my Harvey Wallbanger system. It'll get you touched by a real girl.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Jerikson is absolutely right about one thing. Guys who are constantly hitting on chicks in situations that look hopeless to a sane person do get laid. Probably not with the girl at the airport bar at 7:30. Maybe not with the next 10 women he tries with that morning. But eventually he'll succeed.

Laugh all you want at how suave and debonair he isn't. He doesn't give a shit. He doesn't care about the 12 or 20 times he looks like a fool for every time he scores. I've known guys like him. They're obnoxious to be around but they do get laid. A lot.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But its still a broken clock.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    Another interesting story similar to this one.

When I was waiting for the next plane in DFW (Dallas) I saw this dude hitting on the sexy single mom, he was brazen but determined to sway the sexy gal to go with him and have something to eat. The convo was so loud it was heard over two or three rows.

Man, call that desperation.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Don't worry so much about your failure to be Gordon Gekko, RickyBoy. After all I think the fact that it only took you 10 years to figure out how to pay hookers for sex more than makes up for it in everybody's mind.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Maybe the guy is into golden showers. Beer fills up that bladder as well as getting them drunk.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl. True. But you think Dugan might have said...err, "overheard" the other dude saying...something like "hey bay-bee...if I buy you this beer maybe you can come back to my hotel room and piss on me".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion