tuscl

Charlie Brown and the Football

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Two days in a row I've had strippers scheduled to come to my house, and two days in a row they haven't shown up.

Yesterday a long-time favorite was supposed to spend the day with me. Everything was confirmed, and at 2AM she called me from her club, saying she was looking forward to our time together and ending with "I love you, sweetheart." Needless to say, she did not appear. My emails and voice messages went unanswered.

Today a dancer I met last night was to have an afternoon playtime with me. I texted her directions, and she texted, "Sounds great. Call you in the am." Well, it's now the PM and no call. I'm not going to bother to try to contact her.

I won't speculate as to why these girls did not show. I'm sure they will have great excuses when I see them again. But I wonder about myself. Why, after years of experience with strippers, do I expect them to keep appointments? I'm like Charlie Brown and the football.

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/…

12 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Yes, and after pulling that stunt, Lucy will charge you 5 cents for psychiatric help.....good grief!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I think we expect reasonable service and punctuality because that's what normal people do, and it destroys the fantasy to think of them as abnormal so we "forget."

Despite the apparently universal nature of this problem however, I still try to assume the best unless and until proven otherwise. For example, I've had over a dozen dates with my DS, and she has been nothing but completely reliable and punctual. She has never been even a minute late for anything, and has never even tried to change any details that we agree to. Given that I now know her pretty well, I attribute this to the fact that she is a person of honesty and integrity despite her profession. Nevertheless, I do it knowledge the possibility that she like the others will eventually be corrupted by the job she has chosen.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Quick definition of insanity- repeating the same action(s) over and over and expecting a different outcome.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Always keep a spare football on hand.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    "never listen to a woman in tears Charlie Brown" (1969) = good advise

seems like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown is a heck of a good metaphor for strippers promising and not delivering
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I only give them one strike unless they come up with a very convincing excuse. So far none have.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    John, it sounds like she has a seriously good work ethic, too, something that's lacking in a lot of dancers.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    New TUSCL Glossary term: a "Lucy" as in "She pulled a Lucy on me" by not showing up for our scheduled OTC date.

I hate Lucy's.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Typical conversation with dancer

http://youtu.be/k6p1Ck0ab80
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Lol Motor.......also reminded me of an Obama speech
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Hilarious, Motorhead!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Motor, I've had many identical conversations with dancers!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion