tuscl

Pushy Dancers

Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:03 PM
I've been working three nights now and have consistently made 80-100 dollars. I did get to do my first VIP lap dance for five minutes. Was nice, as it was a customer who consistently came to visit me the past three nights I've worked. Anywho, there is a skinny, ebony dancer who dislikes me and a few other "exotic" looking girls at the club. We tend to avoid each other as our manager said that if she even looks at me the wrong way she'll get the boot. And I, being the newblet I am, don't want to be involved in anymore unnecessary drama. So I look the other way. However, last night, I was coming out of the dressing room to converse with customers. As I sat down with a familiar face, I noticed he seemed a bit annoyed. Turning to me he goes, "Don't leave me with that crazy broad again. She's trying to hustle me for dances!" Apparently the ebony dancer who hates me is in a bit of a pinch. She's been demanding all guys at the bar to tip her for her "stage dances" and when they say no, she gets her panties in a bunch and tries to cause a scene. Seriously, how does she still have a job? This isn't the first time I've heard customers complaining about her. My second night, she tried to steal a customer from me and even went as far as to say no dancers like the new girl and that I'm rude to her or some stupid shit. I'm a pretty relaxed person, but I'll soon be at my wits end with this bony little harlot ugh. Once again, the custies vouched for me and paid her no attention. Doesn't she see that her crazy antics push them away from her and towards the dancers she dislikes? Sheesh. Guess I shouldn't complain but still! What do you custies think of pushy, bratty dancers? Do you not mind so long as they're attractive? Personally, I feel like any dancer who tries too hard to hustle for dances breaks immersion. A SC should be a fun place to let go, see pretty ladies, and spend some cash. Not feel pressured by unattractive girls with the people skills of a blank sheet of paper.. Then again, everyone is different when it comes to their tastes in dancers.

36 comments

• sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Word, and more important the actions of a pushy diva bitch get around the club pretty wuickly . And once it does she'll have even fewer customers and her bitchiness will get even worse until management finally grows a pair and fires her.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Exactly! I'm not sure why management hasn't dealt with her already! They always seem pretty annoyed with her. I feel bad for talking about a co-worker, but she's out of hand. Especially when she tried to steal other dancers' business. A job is a job is a job...if you wouldn't act that way at your retail occupation, don't do it at the SC. -end rant lol-
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Some black dancers can be extremely ghetto and come from real tough backgrounds and rough neighborhoods. Many a custy has had run-ins with at best “pushy” black dancers that at times borderline in being aggressive and disparaging to custies whom brush tem off or don’t spend on them. One def needs to watch their back w/ ghetto people (and many a black dancer fits this profile). I’ve heard of black dancers jumping on a dancer in a club’s dressing room and beating her senseless and taking her $$$ - this is not the norm but def does happen especially in the ghetto black clubs – ghettos are often violent places and so are often the people whom come from them. Below is a link another TUSCLer sent me about a vicious beatdown of a black dancer by other black dancers which was recorded on a cellphone and update to YouTube – it happened in a black dive I visit down here in Miami and I was actually there yesterday. The video made my stomach turn and I could barely watch it just one time – so be warned b/c the beatdown is graphic and although not all black people behave this way often times most people that behave this way are black (sorry to those that my comments may offend): [view link]
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Christ. I'm disgusted by that video (thanks for sharing though!) and all who sat there and instigated rather than break it up! I agree with your comment Papi, and as a blasian girl myself, it sickens me to see my fellow sistas act like a pack of fools! My mom certainly never raised me that way, and the sad truth is, many of these ladies do come from tough backgrounds. Really sad.. The club I work at is mostly white too, with rocker roots and themes. My manager thinks it's just jealousy that fuels her dislike towards me and the other non-white dancers as he said we've taken some of her business. It's competition to her, but instead of acting like such a brat, she could at least focus her insecurities on working HARDER. Seriously, when she gets on stage I have to stifle a yawn! It's almost as If she thinks she's too good to be here. No one likes the boring stripper look. I was so nice to her the first day too, and all she did was purposefully ignore me and a Latina dancer. Right to our faces. Luckily, the SC is pretty upscale and the managers are very kind and family-orientated. I doubt any jumping would occur, but I kid you not..if she dares put a finger on me it's off with her wig! Why can't we all just get a long? Lol
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    are the customers voicing their displeasure with the pushy rob to management?
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Two of them have. Or at least, two of them have on a night I was working. Otherwise, I'm not too sure if this is a reoccurring thing or an entirely new behavior. From how my managers talk about her, this is probably not new.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Alyssa, you should show this post to your manager. (Perhaps with your name obscured.) He needs to be made aware of how much displeasure this dancer is causing to the customers and other dancers alike. If you're too timid or feel too awkward as a new dancer at your club to do this yourself, consider this: Sometimes, in conventional workplaces, a group of employees will go to management together to express their displeasure over a certain employee, job assignment, workload, or working conditions, etc. Maybe as part of a group you can get your manager's attention of an obviously overlooked problem in your club.
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    As a former sc employee. I have delt with lot's of dancers like her. the time will come when she is kicked out. Just hang in there.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the advice you two! I'm hoping she either changes or gets the boot. Club, I am a bit too timid to speak to the managers anymore than I already have. I'm kinda hoping the Latina dancer does something as she complains about the pushy dancer a lot. I'm giving it a few more days. I work again Tuesday, and if she persists on being annoying..I just might crack and complain myself! Lol
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    You seem to like the drama in my opinion, or you wouldn't be talking about it so much. Go make your money and let management deal with other girls as they need to without getting so involved.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    In life it's important to learn how to stand up to bullies. You work in a tough line of business. You will need toughness in dealing with other dancers, custies and management. If you are going to survive, better start hardening up now. Key is building alliances and friendships.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    I was afraid someone would say that! I understand where you're coming from Diva, but the dancer has directly and personally attacked me. She's talked to customers about me, other dancers, and often tells those customers to not tip next Otherwise, I wouldn't make it a point to "talk about it". It's not as though I gossip with other dancers about her, I simply wanted to get my feelings out and ask questions. I'm new to this scene after all. I appreciate your comment though. The great thing is, in the actual club itself, I'm not involved at all. I only talked to management once about it, and tend to brush it off as much as I can when custies talk about the dancer to me. Trust me, I wish there was no drama at the work place..I'm stressed out enough with school! Lol And yeah, I agree HungryGiraffe. It'll definitely take time but I'm certainly trying. I've had no problems with anyone else but her.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Oops, typing on my phone! When I said "tip next", I meant me*
  • ime
    10 years ago
    This is probably a good place to vent. Be careful around customers or let them bring her up it makes you look better to take the high road, since she probably complains about every other dancer in the club to customers
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Better to talk about it here than at the club for sure. I do not care for pushy dancers, or pushy people in general. Good luck dealing with the bitch.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    I completely agree with both of you. I tend to keep my thoughts to myself in the real world, but at times I suppose it's just good to release that negative tension elsewhere. That way, when I walk into work Tuesday, I can do my job stress free. Customers often bring her up, but luckily I've been able to maneuver around conversations by changing the subject. My second night, she actually stopped her stage performance to yell at a customer for "talking shit about her with that new girl". It was quite weird because I said nothing about her at all..it was him who talked about how demanding she was to me. Luckily, he went to management and smoothed it all over. Still, I feel as though she trusts me even less, and no amount of me attempting to explain myself will likely get through to her. I'm just going to have to take diva's advice and focus on work. Here's to hoping she does the same.
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    Sorry for being harsh, you just have to understand that many women in this line of work are uneducated and low class. I put up with an enormous amount of shit myself at work from jealous girls, but I don't complain. We are all expendable to many of these managers so I try to lay low and make money. The cream always rises to the top. Good luck Alyssa.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Alyssa, management doesn't do much about it because even though she's causing trouble for *you*, she's likely stopping just shy of making trouble for the *club*. It's likely that no, or few, customers have actually complained about her. Additionally, she's still making money for the club. As long as those things still pertain, management isn't going to be very motivated to do much.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Oh not at all Diva! You're not harsh at all! I honestly appreciate your comment, it's genuine and I know you have more experience in this environment than I do. I want to learn from ladies like you! So thank you so much for your words. :) And I agree George, that's probably it. I believe the managers are just waiting for something more threatening to happen or anything that may look bad for the club itself. In any case, I just have to hold out until she becomes their problem. I know for a face any fighting of any sort is grounds for immediate removal from the club. I just don't want it to get there.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Lots of good advice for you here, Alyssa. I can't stand pushy, catty dancers...especially when they start talking shit about other dancers in the club. It's an instant turn off and she sure won't be getting any of my $$$. Most custies feel the same way, tho be aware that there are those douchebags out there that not only enjoy it, but they also encourage dancers to talk trash about each other. Steer clear of losers like that if at all possible.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Fact*
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Thank you lopaw! I totally agree, if I were a customer it would simply be awkward to walk in on drama when I'm trying to escape it in the first place! Still, I definitely know what you mean. There are men and women who thrive to start problems just for the sake of being a me to do it. For all I know, a customer could've lied about me to the pushy dancer and fueled her fire. I definitely will be on the look out for shady customers! Ugh, you posters never cease to amaze me with your advice and comments. :) I love it here! Lol
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Able not me* okay, I need to start proof reading on my iphone! -.-
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    It's OK to vent here, you'll feel better once you let that steam out. Just don't let that dancer come over here and hustle me, I'm just too tired of getting hustled by dancers like that you mentioned.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Getting hustled by dancers can be annoying from what I can tell! I use to see it so often as a bartender. The custies would get so annoyed, they'd retreat to the bar to chat with me instead.
  • alexrain
    10 years ago
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Getting hustle by any sales person is annoying and counter-productive.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the link Alex lol. Sorry if my whiny dancer rants belong elsewhere. Very true Papi. Getting hustled by anyone is annoying period.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @Alyssa: Um, take a moment to go look at alexrain's past posts. It's not intended to be helpful.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Aly, "She's been demanding all guys at the bar to tip her for her "stage dances"...". That is the almost the norm in S. Florida. Almost all clubs, the dancers do a tip walk afterwards. Some dancers take a (Didn't see you.) well, others, not so well.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Oh I know George! I was being sarcastic lol. I like to creep on all of your past posts..helps me to get to know you darlings better. I'm just kidding, but yeah, I was being pretty sarcastic. That's really interesting Clubber! I don't think it's the norm here. I've seen guys not tip girls at all here. It kinda annoys me, as she's dancing to entertain you..the least you could do is acknowledge a working girl's ambition! What if the Dancer is terrible or not considered attractive?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Dancers and custies are not going to see eye to eye when it comes to $$$ (actually applies to most females and males). A tip is intended to be discretionary – not a requirement – why should a custy tip every dancer just b/c she is there even if he doesn’t find her attractive nor is interested in her – if a custy asks a dancer to do something then the custy should pay her – but a custy does not tell/ask a dancer to get up on stage and dance for him; so why pay for something he did not ask a dancer to do. As clubber mentioned; here in South Florida there are many clubs in where when a dancer gets off stage she circulates the room asking for a tip even if you were not even paying attention to the stage for w/e reason and even if you are engaged w/ a dancer; and even if you were sitting where you really could not see the stage – and they’ll give you the evil eye if you have the gull not to oblige there tip request. And even worse – many dancers in these clubs will take to circulating the club for tips even when they have not been on stage but want to make the custy think they were where it gets to the point where on a busy night a PL can be tipping a dancer every 30 seconds (and I’m not exaggerating) – if a PL spends two hours there; he can go thru $60 or more easily on a busy night w/ just dancers accosting him for a tip every 30 seconds. A custy should tip a dancer he likes and is interested in – not every dancer just b/c she is there – I would ask a dancer – when she goes out to eat; does she tip every waitress/waiter in the restaurant or just the one that provides her a service?
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    This is a good place to vent but I would caution if people Have identified you, there could be unknown consequences. I don't usually worry about it though. Lots of clubs may ignore this site but some may look to promote their club. Drama among dancers is nothing new.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    My ATF was just suspended for a week from her club because of some lies another dancer told her manager about her. Now she goes a week without work with bills to pay just because a catty bitch starts some shit. These club managers don't care about their employees and will give in to these catty bitches just to shut them up rather than investigate and find out the truth.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Aly, At the stage, most will always tip. But the walk around the club, not so much. I do't sit at the stage. I mean, I can be sitting with friends or a dancer and not even facing the stage and I should tip? Well, yeah, I do. To me, just a few dollars, so what's the big deal. My visits are most always afternoons, so never a cover. I just consider those tips my cover charge. Now if I truly enjoyed the dance or want more time with a dancer, I will approach the stage and tip her, but not sit, or when she comes by, but always more than a buck.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    There's not much you can do about her talking shit about you or to you. You just have to do your best to put it our of your mind. If a custy mentions she said this or that, pretend you're hurt and say "I don't know why she thinks that, do I seem that way to you?" When she talks shit to you, give her flat, non-sarcastic non-apology apologies like "sorry, I didn't mean it like that" / "sorry, he didn't say he was waiting for you" followed by "sorry I gotta walk the floor / stage dance / whatever" and then get away from her. She sounds like the shameless type, so nothing you way will shame her, you will just get sucked into the bullshit until you walk away. So it's better to walk away sooner not later. Be more concerned about physical attacks and stealing. Fortunately this one is small so you should be OK as long as you don't let her sneak up on you. As much as possible, avoid her getting info or chances where she could attack you with friends and/or weapons in the parking lot or outside the club. If the club doesn't give you a place to lock up you money, bring in a lock box. Don't look at racially. If you keep dancing long enough, there will be white strippers who will pull the same shit, and black strippers who will watch your back if you watch theirs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion