tuscl

TV

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Back in 1952, when I was 10 years old we got our first TV. The 1st family on our block to get one. It had a 12" black and white screen. We only had 1 TV station. KTLA, Los Angeles(still an independent). It broad cast 12 hours a day. And we watched everything.<P> Today I have a 48" HDTV. I have satalite service with 250+ channels. And now I can't find a fucking thing to watch.

10 comments

• farmerart
    14 years ago
    I grew up in a rural area where no TV signal was available until the early 60s. I went out on my own in 1964 and never really acquired the TV habit. Now I have three satellite services with well over 800 channels and I watch perhaps 6 of them regularly. One "bonus" about all these channels, though - cartoons by the gazillions! My Toronto sweetie was in rapture for the entire weekend of her visit to Rancho farmerart with all those cartoons to watch! It took a serious effort to get her into the bedroom for sex with all those cartoons to watch. She will not get another invitation to visit and she is not quite the favourite she once was!!
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    Funny how that is! I gave up TV. I haven't had cable for like 10 years. I get news from radio and the internet, watch DVDs and internet video, and for the very little sports I watch I go to a bar with friends and enjoy watching with them.

KTLA is owned by Tribune (Chicago Tribune and LA Times), which has a slew of other TV, radio, print and new media properties. But that's still relatively independent as TV channels go. It's still my fave for local news.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    "lets do it doggy style so we can both watch X-files"
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I still rely on over the air TV (if I had cable or dish, I'd never get anything done). With the digital changeover (June 2009), Houston stations went from 8 stations to 34. The trouble is, when stations decide to do a power down, or when humidity is over 80 percent, you either get two words out of ten, or nothing. We should've just stuck with analog.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    farmerart--How old is your Toronto sweetie? Why does she watch cartoons?
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, makes me think of The Penthouse in Detroit ... except you get to watch each other because of all the mirrors (lol)!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    By the way, Shadow: Do you get HDNet? They run "Girls Gone Wild" videos late night (no, NOT the commercials Comedy Central runs, but actually topless bunnies bouncing around without many cares etc.)
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    sinclair:

She is in her mid-20s and intellectually a dimwit. Sexually, she has a couple of PhDs.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    When I was a kid, cable tv first came out. There was a box with 10 buttons up the side and 3 along the bottom. The first row was the basic ten channels of local tv. The second was the premium stuff like MTV and ESPN. The third row was the P (pay) row of movies. P10 was the adult channel. It took us kids on the block about 5 minutes to figure out you could watch pay channels for free if you put 10 washer shapped magnets on the back of the box. P10 rocked my adolescent world!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Too bad they don't have a strip club channel. I could see a club like Mons Venus offering a premium cable channel.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion