tuscl

Waitresses

Friday, March 18, 2005 12:52 PM
Last night I was out to dinner and this really cute and friendly waitress came over and waited on me. Turns out she was a single mother. And I'm thinking, if there was a strip club nearby, this girl would be a stripper and I'd be her best customer. And that got me to thinking, I wonder how many strippers started out as waitresses, then found out they could make more money stripping? Seems to me some of the skills necessary to succeed are similar, eg. flirting with and pleasing male customers (who are the ones usually paying) and that waitressing is probably good training for stripping. That's how my ATF started.

10 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    A lot of dancers get tired of it pretty quickly and want to move on to something else. When they first start dancing it seems glamorous but that wears off in a hurry. After that they're just doing a job that they hate for money. Most of them have other aspirations.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I've noticed female bartenders on different occasions who looked better than all of the dancers in a club. I believe some of these girls were former dancers. On one occasion I remember one of those bartenders flashed me (maybe she was flirting but I forget why). Alot of the crowd was apparently watching as well and she looked better than all of the dancers. I remember another girl who used to be one of the hottest looking dancers in my opinion. She looked real nice from head to toe and I got to see her very well since she worked as a nude dancer. Anyway after a couple of years had gone by she had quit. I just happened to keep running into her later on. She had a job at Hooters for a while. Then she got back into dancing at a topless only club. That didn't last long. Then I saw her again working as a bartender. I believe I talked to her more as a bartender than all the time she was a dancer. She told me she was studying to be a veterinian. Seems a little strange that a former girl who was a star attraction and been photographed by a men's magazine would quit it all and work as a veterinian. Hopefully she's happy.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    When you talk about a waitress being able to make more money by becoming a dancer, you're mainly referring to the less attractive girls. In a lot of places a really good looking waitress can make as much or more than a lot of the dancers do. That's why they remain waitresses or bartenders, and why you see so many really good looking waitresses and bartenders in clubs, they don't have to get naked to make a bundle. But for the most part it isn't about getting naked, they don't want to have to put up with all the crap from customers that dancers have to take. That's why my ATF quit dancing and became a wiatress. She didn't mind getting naked, she minded the abuse from customers.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yes I have, many times, and that should tell you something. My ATF became a waitress in a strip club after she quit dancing and made more money than a lot of the dancers did. She even had her own group of regulars who came in just to see her (I was one of them.) Some of the dancers were very jealous.
  • phonehome
    19 years ago
    What I have heard more than a few times is that plenty of clubs "on purpose" hire more waitresses than they need because they really want them as potential dancers. It works a couple of ways, first it is the girls idea, they see very quickly that they can make far more and compared to being a waitress work less, so changing is there idea. secondly it is not the girls idea, it normally goes like this, there will be a night when there are not many dancers, (maybe on purpose) but of course plenty of waitresses, it is then the manager approaches one of the new ones and asks if they would dance 'just for that night" "just as a favor, to help them out" Some of the ones that go for it discover the money and discover that they can do it, maybe even like it. Either way they get a steady supply of new dancers who would not intially want to do it. The other end of the spectrum are the girls that did strip for a long time and don't have the looks for it anymore, it is not as many but I have seen that too.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I can certainly agree with the idea of it not being the girls idea, because at one of the clubs I visit, I routinely see a girl dancing who used to be a waitress. And at this bar, I have seen it where they dance one week, they waitress the next, then they dance again. And they all seem to be better looking than the actual dancers.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    have you noticed that in many clubs, the waitress and/or barmaids are the absolute best looking women in the club.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    One ATF from years ago, who eventually brushed me away, turned up, last month, as a waitress at an upscale martini bar where I was having a drink with my new girlfriend. It was awkward, because I didn't recognize her when she waited on me before my date arrived. We got through it and I tipped her.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I was under the impression most waitresses in strip clubs were wannabe strippers who didn't want to strip, but liked the atmosphere. As for previous occupations of strippers, my current ATF used to be a teacher. I would think that would be a change.
  • kiddo
    19 years ago
    Sometimes it works the other way. My ATF waitress is at Industrial Strip, but she started out dancing (not at IS). I think she had doubts about herself after having kids, so she switched to waitressing. But what a babe--and classy! Always had a huge crush on her. Always chats if not too busy. Even talked her into a dance once, and I enjoyed it just because I like her. Probably too young for me, but if I thought I could get her out, I would in a heartbeat. Debbie is the best.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion