tuscl

Poll: Do you like to go to regular bars by yourself and eavesdrop on hot young

Do you guys and gal still go to regular bars? I do, but when I go it's with family members, co-workers, or my SB.

But now I've heard some TUSCLers like to go to regular bars alone so they can listen in on the conversations of hot young millennials. Just wondering how prevalent this is.

17 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Think you're getting a bit old and senile stevie-girl if you think there are going to be many "hot young chicks" choosing noon as their time to go hit the bars. Here's a hint: more likely just to see people on their lunch break, some taking a break to watch sporting events, and others who just can't wait until after work to grab a drink. If it's "hot young chicks" you are after think a NIGHT (as in NIGHT) club would be your better bet. Maybe some even have seniors discounts for folks like you!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Hey, I'm not judging. If being "Super Creepy Rob Lowe" is your thing, more power to you!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Right, because having lunch at a bar is "super creepy". Got it! Might want to work on your self-consciousness, stevie-girl.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Wait Dougster! What's wrong with focusing on the noontime girls? If they are hot it can only be one of two things. A: they are also wealthy and don't have to work, or B: they are strippers waiting for the club to open. Either A or B means an opportunity to be supported by a hot woman!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    But let's extend the poll a bit. Which would be creepy: Guy walks into a bar has lunch, leaves. Or old fuck shows up with a hooker he is paying to be there with him, but tells others there that young girls actually prefer old folks like, and the fact that he is paying her? Let's ignore that little inconsequential thing...

Opinions?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve,

At my regular civie watering hole, I have no choice. Usually the conversations are so loud, one can't help but hear.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    DOOMED!
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Listen to others? No, I have an actual life.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I don't eavesdrop. But I do stare at their cleavage.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    No, I don't like to listen to the kinds of stuff girls talk about. It is all consumerist and conformist non-sense.

SJG
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    DOOMED!
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Two of the sadder parts of getting older:

1. I would feel really creepy at most of the places I frequented on Saturday nights when I was younger. I'm at that age, 30-something, where I'm a little too old to be out at the bars where most young, single folks hang out now. More of a martini bar kind of age now.

2. With an SO, there's the risk of someone who knows the SO saying, "What are you doing here by yourself?" There's far less risk of that at the club.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I still go to regular bars with my friends but I don't have any interest in listening to hotties "conversate". I get enough inane chatter from strippers.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    SHIT
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Killing time in a Las Vegas bar waiting for my brothers to join me for a late lunch I struck up a conversation with an attractive well-dressed lady. Turns out she was a pro.....offered me afternoon delight for $500. I was drinking soda and lime juice so big head had firm control over little head.

By the way, what's with bars in this town?.......supposed to be some sophisticated place, this Bellagio joint. I wanted a virgin Caesar. I explained to the bartender how to mix the drink; he tells me that he has never heard of clamato juice.

More parochial Americans.

Sheesh !!
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Art, to be fair, I know what Clamato is but I've sometimes repressed that memory.

I know, there's nothing wrong with combining clam and tomato flavors. I'm fine with Manhattan clam chowder. But I've never liked Clamato in a cocktail. And certainly not with beer.

What did you end up with? Tomato juice with a stick of celery?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Because if sit at the bar you never hear what people (for example if they are seated next to you) even if you are just eating your lunch. Has to be part of a creepy scheme. And it's also well know that female millennial are the only ones who talk. Males to aware of the pending DOOM and left speechless for life. Great logic as always, Stevie-girl!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion