tuscl

Do Strippers Vote?

RTP
Charlotte, NC
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:45 PM
Today, after voting, I visited two of my favorite local clubs. While there, I polled both bartenders and strippers to see if they voted or intended to vote. I asked 7 total people and all 7 said they had not voted and did not intend to vote. All had an excuse, basically, they can't change anything. Surprising to me a bit, but maybe I just can't see things from their perspective.

27 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    The way most strippers move around, most of them are probably not even registered to vote.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I can only wish more uninformed that "think" that way would stay away!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Does American Idol count?
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Most, but not all, strippers I've met, well I kinda hope they don't vote. Clueless to the regular world and how it works.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Does American Idol count?" Maybe the US should go to an all text voting system?
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    If you are ever bored in a club and want a funny diversion, try discussing politics. No, most of them don't vote.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I voted for Pedro
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Wondering... Guessing most if not all the people you talked to were under 30 maybe most under 25? Do people that age today in general vote at all, regardless if they're a stripper or bartender or not? I know a ton of bartenders and I know they all voted today, they are mostly men and either extreme right with a focus on gun rights or extreme left liberals. Funny part is they all look like hipsters which I generally assume are liberals, but a good chunk of the ones I know are not...
  • former_stripper
    10 years ago
    I voted before I danced, when dancing and after. Voting is essential to a democracy but I did know many strippers who didn't vote.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    They are right though. They can't change anything. If someone thinks they have choice in voting at anything higher than the most local level, they are naive indeed.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Have to agree with you, Lone Wolf. If we're going to be able to make any changes at the national level, the electoral college needs to be dissolved and the popular vote -- our vote -- should be the one to decide the course of events.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I don't know a single dancer who votes. They don't even know where the polling places are. Granted, they seem to move every 6 months...
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    My text exchange with a non-voting stripper on Tuesday afternoon. lol ..... [view link]
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    I'd say most don't vote...
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Is that a screen shot, chandler? Holy Hotspot Batman! There is hope yet.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    PhantomGeek, Check the reason for having electors. And the chances of getting rid of it are likely zero.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    My ATF gives a great job of entertaining me with conversation if not dancing, however when she voices her opinions and concerns of how the world and politics should be ran, I asked the simple question "Do you vote?" That question was followed by some diatribe if why she rationalizes the reason she doesn't need to vote. I then followed up her response with, "Are you even registered?" Answer of course was no. "When was the last time you voted?" Answer of course was never. I don't know if it ever registered in her mind why she has no leg to stand on when she complains, as I explained to her that she never participates in the process. She is awesome, but she is a typical stripper trying to avoid as much responsibility in life as possible yet still believes in a utopian society. Strippers are like that, idealistic, much like the Democratic Party.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Clubber, thanks for the prod to check on why we have electors. I never even considered that the Founding Fathers had put the Electoral College in place as a sort of check and balance, as a way to stop any "tyranny of the majority" (or was that "masses"?). Either way, it was interesting to see that Hamilton wanted the Electoral College because he didn't have any faith in the masses due to their "naiveté." Maybe if more people understood this, they wouldn't feel so jaded and apathetic about voting.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    My ATF is majoring in nursing at the Electoral College
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I got the Erectoral College in my pants. Who wants me to Cum Laude?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Phan, I don't know your age, but I'll bet rather on the younger side. Reason, things like that used to be taught in Civics class, Civics, likely a victim of education being dumbed down.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    " Strippers are like that, idealistic, much like the Democratic Party." It's sad and true that Democrats, like strippers, just don't get out and vote. Take a look at how popular the GOP is in the polls: [view link] The graph was updated 10 days ago, and yet the Dems got their ass kicked in the midterms. There's a much smaller voter turnout in the midterms, so you may find the Dems make a comeback in 2016.
  • trixxi
    10 years ago
    I voted for one reason alone, Measure 91 and it passed :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    And had the GOP had their base turnout in 2012, it would be President Romney
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Clubber, I'm just shy of 53, and I really don't remember a whole lot of my high school classes, let alone any Government classes. Nuts, nowadays, I'm lucky if I remember anything from last Tuesday.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Phan, Understood. BTW, what's "Tuesday"? :)
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Clubber, last I heard, it was a day that ended in "y." But then again, for me, every day starts with that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion