tuscl

Do you really want to go to a club that has had to call for the cops 412 times?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CHARLOTTE, N.C. —
The North Carolina Alcohol Beverage Control Commission has suspended the alcohol permit for a strip club in Charlotte after Wednesday’s shooting that left two people wounded.

Officers said there have been 412 calls for service to Club Onyx, including calls for aggravated assaults, assaults with a deadly weapon, possession of controlled substances, armed robbery, shots fired and calls for large crowds.

Officers responded to Club Onyx on Old Pineville Road just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday after a man and woman were shot inside the club.

Both were rushed to Carolinas Medical Center with what paramedics called non-life threatening injuries.

Investigators told Channel 9 they have not made any arrests and do not yet have a motive for the shooting.

Wednesday’s incident isn’t the first shooting Channel 9 has covered at Club Oynx. In March of last year, police responded to a triple shooting and armed robbery there all in the same night.

Police said a man was also shot inside the club in April of 2013.

In both instances, all victims survived.

15 comments

• PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    If I feel like I have to wear a bulletproof vest some place, I'm going to avoid it.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    It is a black club. What do you expect?
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Any club called club onyx in any place is probably worth staying away from, african anerican clubs seem to just have way too much problems/violence
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I wonder why 412 calls was the tipping point to suspend their license?

100 wasn't enough? 200? 300? 400?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Sounds like a swell place to take the wife & kids.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I'm confused. A few days ago a white guy asked about black clubs and everybody said they're great, safe, go and have fun. Now everybody says they're dangerous. Which is it really?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    It's rarely black on white crime. It's almost always one black shooting another black.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    I'm guessing most of the police calls were minor and insignificant but still wow 412 calls!
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    doesn't have to be a black club. if anything I betcha there are white clubs out there right in the middle of florida or some real old fashioned redhead part of town where the white folks can cause problems or commit violence. jewish buddy of mine almost died from food poisoning from a diner in floriday - velusha county. buddy said the dude at the counter looked like some guy from Aryan brotherhood.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    So how do we get this information to prospective customers? I recently tried submitting this type of news as a PSA in a review format and it was rejected. If we still had the club chat boards that would be the place but it is doubtful that feature will ever come back.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    PSA: Black Clubs are filled with marginally employed angry insecure people who are prone to violence, patron beware :)

Unfortunately these peeps have the right to bear arms...yeay 2nd ammendment.

*And obviously I think it's a cultural thing, never understood how so many of my fellow blacks could stay in the south with such a huge chip on their shoulder with past treatment. There a shot ton of us here, a shot ton. Im from CA, I didn't know there were that many blacks left in the USA.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    * and not to be racist, but the south does have great football...SEC
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    My apologies for turning the discussion board into a rap hip-hop R&B vibe we all agreed were ruining the SC. I was raised better than that. I actually love the Beach Boys and Journey. Sorry.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    It would be nice to be able to prop or flag clubs themselves, rather than individual reviews.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Maybe the police were concerned about job security if they shut the club down.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion