tuscl

Should clubs post minumum charge for private dances?

Shekitout
South Carolina
Monday, March 28, 2005 6:53 PM
I've seen signs at some clubs I've been in that say "3 Dances For $50". The dancer can go lower-or higher if she can get away with it. My favorite club now has dancers charging $20, $25 or $30 for 2 for 1's. Some of the dancers I know are going to charge $25 for 2 or $22 for 2 and I 've come to accept that. But now one dancer that was accepting $20 for 2 is now wanting $30 but told me her charge for 1 is $25 so how come she wants to charge $30 for 2 when it was an announced 2 FOR 1, duh! The price should have been $25 which is what I agreed to pay. To top it all off, she then wanted an extra $10 to touch her! Has this happened to anyone else? Is it management's place to specify a minimum charge?

11 comments

• DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I thought most of them did post prices, or at least most of them I have been to do. FONDL: I actually used to go to a club which ended up being a front for an illegal gun running operation. That was possibly the most pathetic club I ever went to. Everything was expensive and on camera. And I believe I only saw 2 girls who were there more than once on my visits. So the girls were mostly smart to stay away.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I often wonder if some clubs aren't fronts for some other illegal activities such as money laundering. It seems that some clubs don't care whether they make any money or not, in fact they seem to bend over backwards trying not to make any money. In such places it's the girls who are really being screwed. I often wonder why any dancers work in such clubs.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Looking on the bright side, there is one plus to clubs where the dancers like to charge too much for lap dances. Those clubs always have plenty of seats available on the weekends. That works out good for me if I dont want to get any dances and go club hopping. As long as the cover charge isn't too much. Maybe this is a be careful what you wish for. If all clubs figured this out that they could make alot more money by providing better dances at lower prices to pack in the customers, it might be hard to find a seat in any strip club on the weekend. Maybe I should say thank goodness for so much stupidity among dancers and strip club owners. Of course some owners may keep restrictions on dances and dancers tight because they don't want to have any potential hassle with LE. That probably costs some money too.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat, that's funny, I posted the same thing on the pink site a couple of months ago and a bunch of girls jumped down my throat for suggesting such a thing, arguing that they worked hard for their money and weren't about to lower prices. I used to go to a little hole-in-the- wall blue collar dump of a club all the time out in the middle of nowhere that charged $10 for pretty good laps and the place was always packed and the girls were doing dances all the time. And because the girls all made so much money they had a really great group of girls. It was a really great deal, the best around. A few years ago they raised prices to $15 and also raised the admission fee. The last couple times I went there the place was empty and all the good looking girls were gone. They probably blame the lack of business on the economy, just like the girls on the pink site do.
  • baddy
    19 years ago
    Most of the clubs around here the prices vary from girl to girl. The average it seems is around $30 for one song or 2 for $50. Sounds like you guys are getting some real bargains at the clubs you visit!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think dances in a lot of clubs have gotten too expensive and as a result they are doing less business. IMO, many places could increase their incomes and the incomes of their dancers if they lowered their prices. Competition has increased, not only from other clubs but from other forms of adult entertainment as well, and clubs (and dancers)need to try harder to attract customers. Lowering prices would be one good way.
  • Shekitout
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat: The Newbies would have to live & learn like we did, remember? I expect to pay $25 for 2 for 1 with one of the ladies at my favorite club and for another the charge is $22. Another charged $20 but I tipped her extra for going above & beyond if you get my drift.
  • Shekitout
    19 years ago
    The Newbies would have to live & learn like we did, remember? I expect to pay $25 for 2 for 1 with one of the ladies at my favorite club and for another the charge is $22. Another charged $20 but I tipped her extra for going above & beyond if you get my drift.
  • Shekitout
    19 years ago
    At my favorite club, $60 ordinarily will get you 6 dances unless you're dealing with one that's gone greedy on you.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I know of one place that used to charge about $30 for a two for one and they did good business and it was crowded with lots of customers and dancers. After a fire, they rebuilt a new club but now charge $40 for a two for one and I've heard they charge for a jukebox song as well or short change the song. Anyway I used to get dances at the old club if the right girl came along. However I believe the new price is way too high and I've never gotten a lap dance in the new club. Of course when I can get much better dances somewhere else for alot less, I'm even less interested in overpriced dances. I only go to the new club to tip a dollar at the stage every once in awhile. A girl would really have to knock my socks off to get me to spend a total of $40 for two overpriced lap dances. The new place is pretty empty now compared to the old place as well. Customers left and after that, so did a number of dancers. I believe some may have also been turned off by cameras in the lap dance area (at least I heard that too.)
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I only know of one club where the cost varies from girl to girl. Whenever I go there I set my own price (3 for $50) and I've yet to have a girl say no. As far as I'm concerned, girls can ask for any price they like, but where that's the case guys can too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion