tuscl

My cable just went out this morning

I need a new cable box. Instead of doing something rash, I'll put on Netflix

9 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I just called Cox. After thanking me for being a customer for 15 years, they informed they could not get a new box to me until Friday.

Wow, great service
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Netflix is the only TV service that I have. I get my news, weather, etc off the internet. Fuck paying those services that give you 250 channels that you'll never watch but have to pay for.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    No cable? Time to head to the strip club!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @mikey - When I saw the title I was expecting another of your "when you're cable goes out, you.." parodies.

Imagine my disappointment! And all this time I thought you had DirecTV, lol
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Funny that I don't. Irony can be ironic
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    You must be bored to watch tv
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    It's been a long while since I had Netflix, but my recollection was that it pretty much sucked. Which is why I dropped it. The selection was, as I recall, REALLY sucky.

Have you guys heard of, or considered XBMC? There is a freaking TON of free stuff out there on the internet, including recent movies, TV shows, etc. It's incredible. And it's all free. And I'm sure it's far more of a selection than with Netflix. Of course, a portion of it is probably not totally legal, but that doesn't mean you can't watch it. XBMC is an application that will allow you to access a shitload of media servers all over the internet.

I only use XBMC. Sweet.

Oh, wait, this is TUSCL, where people like to brag about spending a lot of money on stuff because it boosts their egos.

Nevermind.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Oh, wait, this is TUSCL, where people like to brag about spending a lot of money on stuff because it boosts their egos."

You mean like spending $4,000/month to rent an apartment?
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @jerikson40 -- relax dude. I don't think Mikey is bragging about this cable of Netflix subscription.

I hate to tell you what I'm having for breakfast. I mean...I don't want to come across as bragging.

Oh well, I guess I'll take the risk. It's granola. And yogurt. I feel like a frickin' rich dude!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion