tuscl

Who is more important to a strip club? Cash flushed customers or beautiful strip

Saturday, October 11, 2014 6:16 AM
I have spend some time pondering over this matter. It would seem that Stripclub owners tend to side with their strippers over issues that arise in the club. I was once told to pay a $100 tip for a VIP where no extras was offered. This was simply a stripper and bouncer demanding a $100 tip after a VIP. The club sided with the stripper, though I probably have spend several thousands in this club this year. I think that a club that chooses a stripper word over a high end customer is making the wrong move. I spoke with the Manager regarding siding with the stripper, and he contends that he is apprehensive about losing the stripper and her friends. So, I go to the club down the road and the same stripper has moved to this new club, chasing the money. Ultimately, I think that the dollar always triumph. Let me know what you think....stripper word or a customer who spends a lot in the club?

21 comments

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    I suspect it depends on the stripper and the customer, ujay dude. However, I don't think $100 qualifies as "spends a lot" unless the club was a dive or that $100 came at the end of spending a lot more than that. Maybe you could describe the situation better. $100 seems consistent with a room fee and any extras would reflect tipping above that amount.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I spoke with the Manager regarding siding with the stripper, and he contends that he is apprehensive about losing the stripper and her friends." Very timely question, ujay, I fear this manager's attitude will become all too commonplace as we enter the Greatest Economic Boom in the History of the World, and strip clubs face the enormous challenge of retaining/recruiting strippers as young women exit the Industry for lucrative careers in nursing, real estate and cocktail waitressing.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Come on, guys, this is an important topic - chime in
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I think it's possible that the manager in question has an ulterior motive about "losing the stripper and her friends"
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    The most beautiful dancers are not the clubs favorites. The favorites are the ones that bring in the most money for the club. The ones that sell the most VIP/Champagne room gigs. These same dancers are also the ones likely to get into confrontations with the customers. The managers are usually aware of the stripper trouble makers. The attitude of the customer will play a bigger part than how much money he is spending. The club money maker will win over the big mouth customer every time. That is what happened to Caprisun69(Juice) at Follies.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    correction. These are the dancers that are "less" likely to get into confrontations with customers.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    The club wants to keep their money going. Some may go with their gut but if the guy is rich and/or a friend of the club manager, the customer might win in a dispute. I do know of a case where the club did an investigation and fired the dancer, other club employees were suspended for 2 weeks during the investigation. They took it seriously. The dancer stole money out of the customers pocket. Of course she had been doing this for 2 years and the club was hurting for business as a result at that point.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Hot dancers are important but girls that provide extras are what bring in the customers. And extras girls don't really have to be 10's in order to sell "dances".
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    This is based on my observation which basically show the type of person I am. It goes like this... A strip club usually has to have a good lineup in order to attract customers. That should be the solid foundation. Once that is paved, the second should go into effect which is basically showmanship or selling the goods, translated to whoever the 9 or 10 can make this happen. I met my CF at a time when the club lineup were filled with hotties. She moved on and now dancing at a different location. She also said she like clubs that have sober Fridays and not so crazy Saturdays. I was scratching my head why would she hate weekends, but soon she actually showed me why she hates it, she told me to watch how customers treat her which I did. And I realized how it was like to be dancing on a Friday night. The club she works, she is comfortable working there, she feels protected and has rapport with fellow dancers. The bouncers know me already by association with her, which is bad of course as I want my identity to be not associated with any dancer, but she wants me to be around, I don't cause trouble, she likes it when I stare at her when she is on stage. When trouble arises, most of the time it will be the damn customer's unwelcome hands that are the culprit, too stupid to even have the decency to know how to escalate a convo so he can touch her. That's when bouncers show up and ask him to step out. Again, Ujay, like what you said in your story, you got in trouble with the bounce so it could be dick is too high and was doing the thinking.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Who is more important to a strip club? ME!
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    I may be wrong, but I think that keeping good customers who spend money by providing a friendly nonthreatening atmosphere would keep the dancers in the club. If the customers begin to leave, the girls are going to chase the money to another club. I have left a club because I was pissoff only to find out a few weeks later that the girls have moved to another club.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    The way I see it is she was demanding a tip -- unless they are for understood extras -- tips are supposed to be optional. If she gave you a great lap dance (without any extras), a reasonable tip could be expected. But if she gives you a lousy lap dance and still expects a tip, forget it. And if the club is supporting her on this, then they need to make it known that gratuities aren't just appreciated, they're mandatory. Did she even discuss this with you before you got the dances from her? Have other dancers in this club tried to pull the same or similar things on you?
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    Ultimately the stripper is "product" and the customer is "market". No matter how great the product, without a market the business fails.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    There are many douchebag customers that don’t pay for services rendered and most club employees have had to deal w/ these types of bad customers – meaning that often times when a dancer bitches about payment; the club employees may be believe her shit even if she is crying wolf. It comes down to a “he said” “she said” situation – and a custy needs to be able to argue his point and whom ever argues their point better will often win the argument (since there really isn’t any evidence). Club managers also know some of these dancers can be real hos but again the custy needs to know how to argue his point so he can give the manager reason enough to take the custy’s side. In the end – it may come down to the custy just having the balls to stand their ground and not pay up and then be ok w/ being asked to leave the club. The situation sucks no doubt – but many of us that have SCed enough have had situations similar – one just needs to learn the game and be prepared to hold your ground and know how to hold your ground against some of these lowlifes in the clubs.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Clubs need two things to prosper: customers and dancers. Simple What draws customers? Well, I'm guessing 3 main things bring in customers: 1. Hot chicks 2. Mileage 3. Companionship Some guys want just hot chicks, some guys want all three, but without each of those things you're losing customers. And you need to draw customers who are willing and able to spend money. As long as they spend more than the cost of having them sit there, you're ahead. So yeah, I feel for the manager who's in a dilemma between a paying customer and the strippers who draw the customers. But that's life in the customer service business. You have to please both. But if the stripper is causing you to lose more money than she brings in, the choice is clear. You've gotta do something. Problem is its difficult to determine the cost/benefit for an individual stripper, especially if your management skills are non-existent.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    A good paying customer is a valuable one, but a dancer who makes a club a lot of money is probably going to win out in most instances. But I'll also add that my experiences are similar to those of shadow in that most clubs' best money makers are also the ones with the least drama, which gives increased credibility when they DO get into a disagreement with a customer. Now I believe that I would have a solid chance in the few clubs in which I am a regular, due solely to how much I spend at their bars (and if I had a legit beef), but in almost any other club I expect to lose the argument, regardless of its merit, especially against an established club dancer. Yet another reason why i prefer to take my p4p action OTC rather than rolling the dice in unknown VIP situations. But having said all that, I've also seen so many seemingly inexplicable situations over the years that who the fuck really knows. I've seen dancers and customers booted in situations that seemed quite unfair to the ejected parties. Maybe the dancer has done something for the 6th time and it was the straw that broke the camel's back, or the customer pissed off the girl who was fucking the owner, or...[insert something else here]. Things do not always happen in strip club for logical reasons and if one is seeking justice, then one needs to go elsewhere. Also, if the dancers and club management are prone to run scams on customers, then it doesn't matter how right you are.
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    Well said..Rickdugan.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    We're dealing with people who see customers as transients. There are no loyalties to customers.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    @superdude Agreed. Most Customers are seen as deviants, and like the club is doing customers a favor by simply existing. I'm guessing in cities where there are a higher number of SC per capita then maybe competition kicks in and customers become the focus. But for the most part it seems like there are more horny guys dying to go to SC (demand) than there is supply, So SC don't have to be nice to customers. I go in don't cause trouble, if a dancer does something I don't like, jokes on her, she'll have to deal with a broke asshole, instead of me next time. Word spreads. The trick to getting treated well is returning with some regularity. If they think you a fly by night no way are you getting special decent treatment from anyone.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Plus, let's face it, customers can be nutjobs. I heard about this dude in North Carolina that kept wanting to put a fried chicken drumstick up the dancers asses. Said it was the Colonel's XXXtra KRIS-pay. If you had to put up with shit like that you'd have a short fuse too.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    In my experience, taking precedence over favoring strippers or customers, most clubs follow a version of the adage that possession is nine tenths of the law. So, when a stripper complains that a customer owes her $100 more than he paid her, management tends to leave it alone rather than try to make him pay more. On the other hand, if a customer complains that he paid a stripper $100 but she didn't fulfill her side of the bargain, they aren't inclined to make her give it back. It may be different in the the corporate chain type clubs that keep a tight rein on all interactions by employing dance counters, etc. I try to stay out of those places.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion