tuscl

Free Dances

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I pretty much have a no-go policy w.r.t. “free dances” - they are rarely free and often times I’ve ended up spending more $$$ than I thought with the bitch bestowing these “free dances” on me.

Have you had any experiences with “free dances”?

13 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Papi, I concur. The clubs here in Seattle don't do that, but some clubs in L.A. that I went to offered an occasional "free dance." In was very short. Maybe only 60-90 seconds. If I partake in a free dance, I feel obligated to buy at least one regular dance afterward, as an exchange of favors. Of course, that was the idea of the promotion. I only did the free dances, with dancers I would have wanted to get dances with anyway. If I only did the one free dance, I would still feel obligated to tip the dancer a small amount. So, generally, I don't partake in free dances if they're offered.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    @ CG:

The “free dances” I am talking about are w.r.t a dancer doing this out of her own hustle routine; not as a club promo.

I’ve only encountered “free dances” as a club promo once that I can remember about 15 years ago.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I have but not often. This one hustler at Monarchs would never wanna do ld's, just VIP where she's an ROB. She'd promise a free ld if you'd VIP. Never took her up on the offer.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Yeah – it’s probably the ROBs that usually do the “free dance” hustle – and on a few rare occasions; it is a dancer that knows she is so hot that she feels if she gives you a free dance; you *will* want more.
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    So we face one more example of the principle of TANSTAAFL -- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free L(unch/apdance)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Papi, My response is still the same. I've had an occasional dancer over the years offer me a free dance, and if I didn't like it, I didn't have to pay for it. But, I never took up a dancer on that offer, for the same reasons I didn't like to take advantage of the freebies that were a club promotion.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I get them one in awhile from dancers that I know well on special occasions, like my birthday..
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Nothing good in life is ever free. The only variables are when you pay for it and how much you pay.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Ditto sc.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I would question why is it free? Is it because they are cutting the songs short? Is it because she is one of your favorites and she doesn't want you to think she is ripping you off by counting a song where the DJ does nothing but talk for a couple of minutes and no music is playing? In that case, I appreciate "free". It means I'm not getting ripped off by those I do business with in spite of a DJ or other circumstances making things bad for some people. That makes me a happy repeat customer. The dancer gets more money from me because I know I can trust her with respect to not ripping me off.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I often hear free but it's not really free, it's usually just a better rate on dances. Just like at some grocery stores, buy one get one free doesn't mean you get any groceries for free. It just reduces the overall price to get you to shop at the store.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I've had free dances. Both the kind where no money trades hands, and the kind where I get extra dances for the same price. The former have nearly always been shorter than normal and given as an enticement to buy real ones.

There's one local girl who regularly gives me extra songs over and above the the ones for which I've paid, even though I nearly always only get the two for one dances.
  • RTP
    10 years ago
    Papi, I was dumb enough to fall for the "I'll give you one for free" line which turned into you owe me $100 with a bouncer defending her. She was clearly a ROB in a club that I previously respected.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion