tuscl

Debate?

There seems to be a debate about, well, debate going on here at ye olde TUSCL DB.

On one hand you've got most members who seem to regard the board as the virtual equivalent of a friendly weekly poker game, with guys (and gals) sitting around the table, drinking beer and smoking cigars, telling war stories (some of which may even be true) and generally giving each other shit, and where if you say something really stupid, you will get shit about it, like forever...

On the other hand, you have certain members that think the DB should be run like their high school debate club, with Roberts Rules of Order (or whatever freakin' rules* you're supposed to use in a "debate") as moderated by the risen spirits of Yoda and Alucard.

(I suspect the members in the later group have, for one reason or another, led sheltered lives where they've never be in situation (e.g., sports team, military, college frat, etc.) where they learned to trash talk, but I'm probably breaking some debate rule even mentioning that, lol)

So what camp are you in?

*Rules? In a Knife fight? There's no...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqhm36sj…

14 comments

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    Steve-dude...to be fair, creating a "dot" character and writing a post about Robert's rules (or whatever that excluded middle stuff was...) is not consistent with standard debate club rules.

First rule of debate club? DON'T TALK 'BOUT DEBATE CLUB!!!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Missed this the first time out. Looks like many others did as well. WTF was this all about?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Interesting topic post.

Here it is nearly a month after it was posted and I see the original post from steve and a single comment from zip. Either no one gave a S%$# or all the others are ignored. I find that humorous. :)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    And zip has been trying hard to get into a 69 with steve229 after juice kicked him to the curb, so doesn't exactly count.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @clubber - maybe they took it too literally
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Debate/ Ain't dat what y'all puts on da hook?
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    I had that douche steviegirl on ignore too so I haven't noticed this either. I might unblock so I can figure out what the latest pop culture new there is
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Debate what? I'm ok with calling Steve the mastur dbater.
    Doggone auto correct is at it again.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    She is the master of using every logical fallacy known to man! I'm tempted to
    say she should drop song lyric quoting a get a job as a spin doctor, but the fact that she just blindly believes what the media says means she is not exactly consciously aware of it, which is not promising.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol!
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    haha
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I, for one, wanna keep it like the Wild West. Never had much use for rules, cept bending them.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol! That steve229 sure is one dumb girl!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion