tuscl

Looks like the nails are in the coffin.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
ATLANTA, Ga. - The Georgia Supreme Court says the city of Brookhaven has the right to ban alcohol sales at adult businesses such as The Pink Pony.

The ruling came Monday morning following a legal battle that has stretched for months.

In a summary of the ruling, the courts stated Monday: "The high court has unanimously upheld a DeKalb County court's dismissal of the Pink Pony strip club's lawsuit against the new city government of Brookhaven. The Atlanta area strip club had challenged as an unconstitutional violation of free speech the City's new ordinance that bans nude dancing in establishments where alcohol is consumed." court officials noted.

Court officials also quote Justice Harold Melton “the established record regarding the deleterious effects of alcohol coupled with nude dancing, the trial court did not err by finding that, as a matter of law, Brookhaven's sexually-oriented business ordinance does not unconstitutionally infringe upon Pink Pony's free speech rights.”

Owners of the establishment have not commented on the ruling.

Note: A juice bar in Atlanta simply cannot compete when the are close to 40 nude clubs that can serve booze. The last 3 clubs that were forced into it by changes in their cities regulations are now gone.

16 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… Justice Harold Melton “the established record regarding the deleterious effects of alcohol coupled with nude dancing …”

What a bunch of bullshit.
  • eyeamlong
    10 years ago
    Very Sad !!!!
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Sounds like the judge should lay off the alcohol if he doesn't want to be dancing in the nude.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Wasn't Scott Bergthold the hired gun the city used to write the ordinance?

That asshole attorney is one of the most evil men in the country. He's made a fortune using the "secondary effects" doctrine in trying to regulate clubs across the country.

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Georgia seems like a pretty conservative state – so maybe not a huge surprise the state supreme court ruled that way – hope the club will take it all the way to the Supreme Court and win there.
  • DroidX
    10 years ago
    Hope this doesn't happen to Follies.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "asshole attorney"

@motor - isn't that redundant?
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    It's so sad to see how city government has maliciously destroyed a once thriving business that so many people worked hard at and were successful with. I don't go there often, but last time about a year ago it was kind of sad. Business was down, bulletins encouraging customers to petition the city to back down were handed out, and all the waitresses could talk about was how the city was trying to shut the club down. I love the story of the guy in Tampa at mons Venus who fought the city government for years and won.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    No Steve; it's an oxymoron.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I don't go there often, but last time about a year ago it was kind of sad. Business was down,"

Hopefully they can hang on another few months until The Greatest Economic Boom in the History of the World really kicks in.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    Not the end of the world. They go topless and continue to serve alcohol. Same difference pretty much.
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    "They go topless and continue to serve alcohol. Same difference pretty much."

Juicy J said it best: "And it ain't a strip club if they ain't showin' pussy"
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    "Hope this doesn't happen to Follies."

They are in the city of Brookhaven as well now
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    rentz2 - Wrong. Follies was annexed by Chamblee in Jan of this year.
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    My bad and am wrong. I swear I thought the line for Brookhaven had Follies fall into it but after a search on google it follows Clairmont Drive behind the Fiesta Plaza that is across the street. See Brookhaven cops always driving right there as well. Close call.

• PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    It's time to protest! (And, yep, the first one's from 2010, the second from 2014 -- and it's the same church, too.)

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/strippe…

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/11/to…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion