tuscl

Outrage grows over strip club's video billboard

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

6 comments

• TxVegas
    10 years ago
    I can see why the residents would be pissed. I like the shot where the school bus drives by. I winder why the club thought they could get away with it.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Why do children need protection from clothed women dancing?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Having been a long time customer of this club (mostly under it's former ownership), I don't see how the addition of a video billboard will help its business. That building has housed a strip club, since the early 1990's, and maybe even back to the '80's. It's well-known as a strip club, and I don't see the recent addition helping it's business any.

It's now been owned by Deja Vu for three years The Vu company generated similar neighborhood discontent a few years ago, when it opened a new club, Dreamgirls, in the block south of Safeco Field. The Seattle Mariners sued Deja Vu, over the sign issue, but the Mariners dropped their law suit after the two sides agreed on sign content on game days.

If the damn Deja Vu chain would spend its money on in-the-club needs, instead of glitzy signs, outside, it would have a better product to offer, which it badly needs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t have kids and I’m def pro strip clubs – but I think that sign was definitely inappropriate and inconsiderate of the surrounding community.

It’s shit like this; and other shenanigans; that cause backlash against strip clubs; especially when done so “in your face”.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    This reminds me of a similar situation down here in Miami about 10 years ago.

A new black club had opened up and wanted to compete with the established black club in the area at the time (Lexx). The new black club put up a billboard within a few feet of Lexx to advertise their club and their billboard was very racy. The billboard showed about 6 supa-thick ebonies in tiny g-strings letting it all hang out – it looked similar to the “As Nasty as They Wanna Be” 2-live Crew album cover (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:As_Nas…)

The billboard was on a busy 6 lane street thru the middle of town and the club was forced to subsequently take it down not long after it was put up.

For whatever reason I personally did not find it offensive :) and of course I had to make a visit (or 2) to the new club – but the club only lasted about a year or so.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Where this could get ugly is if they start passing special laws to put this sort of business in a special category, like "Adult Entertainment". Once they do this, then they can pass ordinances to regulate everything down to the millimeter. The possibility of this move is the greatest danger we face. This is why the clubs are nothing, where I live.

SJG

Clapton, full concert
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8lz0z9…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion