tuscl

Scam 206-801-6130

Just now, some foreign sounding guy, told me he's from the legal department of the IRS, and a claim of tax fraud has been filed against me. Call this number to clear things up or the IRS will have me arrested. LOL!
I bet if you call some guy from India will ask for credit card numbers and bank accounts.

The number appears to be from Seattle.

13 comments

• gawker
    10 years ago
    I think that's the IRS office in Seattle.
  • Aravas
    10 years ago
    Ca it
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Mikey - I tried to warn you about all those anti-Obama posts...
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Seriously, you can report it here:

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Steve, yeah these guys have been reported on already. As far as the anti- Obama posts go, I guess I should worry. There's always this weird looking bird outside my window looking in.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up mikeya
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Being from Seattle, that phone number got my attention. I tried Googling it, and nothing unusual came up. Previously, I have seen a "scam alert" indication when Googling a phone number, but nothing unusual in this instance. All that shows is the typical--a few dozen websites that claim they can provide you with the name of the account of that phone number.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^Thats funny, I googled it and saw tons of complaints about these scammers whoever they are. Btw thats not the number of the IRS office in Seattle.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    if you send him enough, he will hook you up with one of his close friends in Nigeria and you can recoup it by helping him recover his fortune
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve,

"I tried to warn you about all those anti-Obama posts." That;s all one can say about obama, unless one is a blithering idiot!
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    What Steve said. Even if they've already been reported, then clear the fuzz hasn't been sent after 'em yet if they're still in operation. Report 'em again until the fuzz shuts 'em down. (I'd send Team 6 in if it were up to me.)

Also, the IRS will contact you by mail first.
  • mark94
    10 years ago
    It's an old, old scam.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion