tuscl

So what's worse in sports?

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:39 PM
Stewart plows straight into fellow driver standing on the track, killing him? Perterson whips a 4 yr old with a switch, leaving injury marks on him? Rice knocks out his girl and stands there like a thug who could care less? Personally? Peterson and Rice belong in jail. They can redeem themselves later. They should throw the book at Stewart.

31 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Brasilian soccer fans that dismember and behead referees.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Do you really think that Stewart killed that idiot on purpose? Of course some on this board probably believe that if they play in traffic and get hurt it would be the drivers fault.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'm with Jab. You might throw a little tail here but he never intentionally killed him. People also forget, never get out of your car and onto the track.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ Stewart's a professional driver? Every other driver missed the guy and his car. Stewart made no effort to go left or right or slow down. It's right there on video. Manslaugher at the least.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Maybe Stewart totally forgot that he caused a crash and within one lap he decided to pick up a tater tot from the floor and when he looked up he was totally surprised. C'mon guys, he fucked up.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "They should throw the book at Stewart." Are you fucking serious??? I don't know shit about NASCAR and dirt track racing, but what fucking idiot gets out of his car on a muddy track in the dark with guys speeding around and fishtailing, and starts strutting around in all that insanity cuz he's got some macho "fuck you" beef with another driver??? Geezus, it's far more stupid than getting out of your car on a freeway with people driving 80mph in predictable lanes of concrete. I can't imagine that Stewart suddenly becomes a murderer, but until the jury sees all the evidence NOBODY knows. But the Ward guy who got killed deserved what he got on the grounds of total stupidity.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    And by the way, you asked mockingly if "Stewart is a professional driver???". What about the moron who gets out of his car and endangers the other drivers' lives because they now have to swerve so they don't hit them, and might end up crashing into somebody else. Un-fucking believable. The number of things that could have legitimately caused Stewart to not see the guy or not be able to swerve to miss him are in the thousands. Mud on the windshield, too dark, maybe the thought another car was on his tail and didn't want to kill two more people, etc. Get real. I've never been in a dirt track racer, but I guaranteed it's not NEARLY as easy as you think.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Like I said jerickson, Stewart fucked up. Get real yourself. A professional race car driver isn't looking at the road in front of him? They miss swerving and crashing cars at the last second and he can't miss a stationary guy? Did you see the video? All I'm saying is he fucked up.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Some people got offended, but I thought this was fucking hilarious [view link]
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    I swear, this is why if I ever get in front of a jury I'm better off just putting a bullet in my head. The irrational thinking of some people is scary. You don't know what Stewart did or didn't do, Mikey. You, like everybody else, ASSUMES you know, based on your biases and lack of knowledge. But what is fucking clear as crystal is that Ward did something beyond stupid and endangered everybody else's lives. That is the real tragedy here. If they later find that Stewart didn't follow some rule of dirt track, which I assume don't even exist, then fine, he's responsible. And if they find he did something premeditated, then fine, he should pay. But only a court case will determine that. Ward's stupidity is beyond doubt.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Jerickson, your pompous know it all attitude is irrational. Did you see the video? As a professional driver, how do you not see a stationary person in front of you and not turn or even brake? Intentional or not, Stewart is guilty of fucked up driving.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    I saw the video. Anyone getting out of his car and challenging someone in a race car on the track should be and is dead.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^Of course you're right. He should have known that Stewart would plow right into him without one effort to miss him. That's my point. These guys dodge everything they can, how did Stewart not see this guy? All I'm getting is that it's the victims fault. That's pretty narrow minded
  • busta_nut
    10 years ago
    The dumbfuck driver tried to grab on to a moving race car... are you just as dumb as him? Two adult drunks got into an argument and threw punches.. not absolving him from blame.. but they were two adults not making good decisions. Peterson had already dodged charges earlier this year for another incident.. did he go too far.. yes he did he deserves some punishment.. but the difference between this and the Rice case is an adult on a child.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    mikeya, Sorry, but you are wrong on the Stewart incident. It is a terrible thing to have happened, no doubt. It was an accident initiated by a driver getting out of his car on a race track. He was a young fellow that made a tragic mistake. I had raced cars off and on in my younger days, and to get out of a car ON the track, never would even have been considered. Tony's being a professional means nothing. Comparing his expertise in a Sprint Cup car to a dirt track sprint car is ludicrous. As for your contention,"As a professional driver, how do you not see a stationary person in front of you and not turn or even brake?" it would not be impossible to not see someone well in a dark fire suit, with a dark helmet, while looking through a face shield possibly covered in dirt, on a track not well lighted. Add that to your accretion he did not turn or even brake is absurd. It would be next to impossible to determine that from the video. Now I have no idea what "Jerickson" said and it doesn't matter. I do, however, await you taking your jabs at me for disagreeing with your absurd evaluation of the tragic event.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    I take back what I said as I now realize that Mikey was actually a driver in that race 'cause he presents his arguments from a driver's POV. Sorry about that (ROTFLMAO.)
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "All I'm getting is that it's the victims fault. That's pretty narrow minded" I just don't understand this attitude that is becoming so popular in our society that everyone feels so sorry for irresponsible morons who do stupid shit, pay the price, and somehow it's everybody else's fault. Nobody wants to accept responsibility. Everyone is a fucking helpless victim. Some dipshit runs out onto a freeway causing cars to swerve and crash, and somehow it's not his fault, it's the guy who can't swerve fast enough and clips him. Somehow the world is responsible for anything stupid I do, no matter how many lives I endanger, or how fucking stupid and irresponsible I am. I just don't get it.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    It's kinda like the popular case of the asshole who drinks a hot cup of coffee, doesn't realize that hot coffee can hurt you if you're not careful, burns himself, and who's at fault? The guys who sold him the coffee. Geezus, what the fuck are we thinking?
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "Now I have no idea what "Jerickson" said and it doesn't matter." Ah, Mr. Clubber, you should know. And it does matter. Because with that knowledge you'll achieve true enlightenment..... :)
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Hmmm...jerikson40 dude, are you saying you're a bodhisattva? Coo-el.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Zip-I think he's more of a Pure Land Buddhist more than a Zen Buddhist.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I'm a huge NASCAR fan and I feel badly for Stewart. That other driver was an idiot and put himself in harms way for no reason.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Well guys, I probably am in the wrong. The guy did put himself in harms way.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    mikeya, Perhaps a little to emotional. Fault is a difficult thing to place. There was likely some little item that either could have done that would have prevented the tragic event.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'm still working on O.J. Simpson.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Instead of who is at "fault" we probably should say who is the "cause" of the of the event. In Stewart's case, as someone mentioned, the driver who ended up dead would be alive today if he stayed in his car!
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Mikey, I'm impressed. You admitted you may have been wrong. It takes a man to do that. I respect that. Bravo dude.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Exactly what a bodhisattva would say. Or is it? Mu.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Steely Dan.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    By the way, speaking of butt plugs, anyone know what a steely dan is?
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Addressing the original post: Stewart will not face charges. Ward had marijuana in his system and was impaired. Sometimes people jump to judgement without knowing ALL the facts and reach an unwarranted conclusion. Good on mikey for starting this discussion that should be a lesson for all.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion