tuscl

[OT] Fios or Cable?

Probably a good question for mikeya but others can answer too. Which service is better - Fios or cable?

10 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I don't know, I have Cox cable.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Whichever carrier gets me the Dodgers game.
  • occurious
    10 years ago
    Depends on the area but I would think FIOS in general would be better, it's supposed to be pure fiber and it's all based on a newer infrastructure. Cable in many cases is made to work on wire that was put in the ground 30 years ago.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Which is better service is irreverent because in most cases you don't have a choice on who your ISP will be. I just moved and went from AT&T DSL to Comcast and I couldn't be happier. Went from 6mbs to 30mbs download with their basic coverage. They advertise an extreme service of 105mbs download but I really don't need that.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I don't know anything about it, but that won't stop me from expressing an opinion. I think a fiber optic line would be faster than cable. I knew someone when I lived in Texas who had a T1 line into his house, and it was superfast. If FIOS is like T1 (but cheaper), FIOS would be way to go.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    What the hell is cable? Is that something from way back in the 1900's?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^jk

@mikeya...do you call your cable box your cox box?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    @crazy....I don't have a smart phone either.....and my storage boxes are made of wood, not cardboard....lol
  • cnyknight
    10 years ago
    Fios hands down
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yep, seems to be unanimity on this one: "Fios hands down".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion