tuscl

Strip Club Accused of Being Prostitution Den Fights to Keep Liquor License

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"recounting stories of dancers named Desire and Cat, of drink prices ranging from $28 to $38 to $58, and the alleged extra benefits that accompany the prices."

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2014/09/12…

10 comments

• steve229
    10 years ago
    "Ya got trouble, my friend, right here,
    I say, trouble right here in River City"
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    A den of prostitution? Heaven forfend!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Rouge" Strippers

Do I see a reality show in the future?
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Watch, they'll eminent domain the place. Seems to be the latest fad to take property from undesirables.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    It's all Cincinnati's fault. First they build their airport in Covington. Then they shut down all of the strip clubs in Cincinnati forcing all of the strippers to go across the river to work. Now the want to fuck up Covington too.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "First they build their airport in Covington"

shadowcat,

and you're probably aware CVG has really taken a downturn after Delta's merger with Northwest. Before the merger, it was Delta's second busiest hub, then came the merger and the 2008 recession. Comair filed bankruptcy and shut down. Delta made drastic cut-backs in the number of flights. They once flew to London, Amsterdam and Rome. Now Paris is the only European destination. Proctor & Gamble frequent flyers are pissed.

Maybe it's been good for Delta's bottom line, but it's not been good for jobs at the airport or the public flyers.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    motorhead _- I retired in 2009. I didn't make those decisions. It was my job to make them work. Bad for CVG but good for DTW.

Fuck the frequent flyers. That was the worst thing the air lines ever came up with.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    1) The Cincy airport is a shit hole and Delta has moved its hub operations to Detroit.
    2) Covington has been clamping down on strip club since the 80's
    3) Cincy and Covington have wanted to develop both sides of the river for tourists and strip clubs do not fit the bill. In the 60's & 70's Covington had brothels and Larry Flint. When the middle class started moving to K?Y to get away from Cincinnati taxes and corruption they started 'cleaning up' the area. There are no clubs at all in Cincy and only no touch bikini clubs in Covington.
    4) I do not doubt that the city is trying to force this club out of business the steal the property. It is happening all over and the only way to fight it is to get a big city lawyer from some distance away that is not afraid on the cities power. (local lawyers depend too much on city cooperation for their livelihood to fight it)
    GOVERNMENT = GREEDY = CORRUPT = ELITIST CROOKS
  • impala
    10 years ago
    Same old story, city has all their "less desirables" cornered into one part of town so that the "respectable" population doesn't have to see them. They know their there, but in their white picket fence world the two don't collide. Sometimes they even visit the area to get their fix. But soon, property values plummet, developers buys a lot of the cheap properties, and want the city to "clean up" the area so that they can make a fortune, forcing the "less desirables" to another part of town (or a different town), and the cycle continues.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    deogol could be right. As I posted before, the last 3 non- San Francisco closures that I know of all involved the city flexing muscles and getting the building torn down.

It is chicken shit easy to enforce prostitution against a dancer. But it is completely unfair too. The local news papers should be making the police into laughing stocks over this.

But busting dances does not close the club.

But if they can tear the building down, then with all their Adult Entertainment Ordinances, they make it very hard to open more clubs.

Legal Issues
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

SJG

Bad Company, live
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vPjic5s…
    notice image from old Thomas Edison Train Robbery film
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion