tuscl

Films you will see if a certain actor/actress stars in it?

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
For me it's Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, Tom Hanks and Clint Eastwood. Maybe a couple of others.

Who are your favorites?

26 comments

• jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, definitely. Cant think of any others. Maybe Pacino and DeNiro, maybe Jack Nicholson
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Nicholas Cage, Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Joe, Nicholas Cage ?? really ?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Eastwood for sure, almost all of the above, plus Woody Harrelson
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    @londonguy

In complete agreement. Nothing more to add.

For us old guys, I would add James Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Paul Newman, James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson
  • AJ8921
    10 years ago
    Bill Freaking Murray
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Ed Norton, he doesn't make many bad movies. Leonardo Dicaprio has been really good since he stopped making chick flicks so I usually give his stuff a try. The Wolf of Wallstreet was fucking great.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Holy crap I forgot Bill Murray !!!! I wasn't thinking comedy. That opens a whole new list.

And Wolf of Wall Street was one of the best movies of all time. And I'm not a fan of Dicaprio, but after seeing him in that movie he's become one of my favorite actors. He did an incredible job in that film.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    No one particularly. But if someone I like is in a movie, and it seems watchable, I'll take a peek.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Meryl Streep, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford (after seeing Spy Game). Jennifer Lawrence seems like she might someday be that way, but she has a ways to go.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Russell Crowe has rarely been in a bad movie
  • Douqster
    10 years ago
    Liza Minnelli, Cher and Barbra Streisand
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    ^^^ You're kidding, right?
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Amber Heard.
    Average actress at best, but I don't care.
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    "Liza Minnelli, Cher and Barbra Streisand"
    fucking hilarious.
    all kidding aside as far as the older actors i'll add nick nolte, Christopher walken, Patrick Swayze, jeff bridges, and Tommie lee jones. I agree with crazyjoe I too am a cage fan.
    younger actors from today mark Wahlberg, the rock Dwayne Johnson.
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    actress: Ashley judd, Sandra bullock, bonnie bedelia, debra winger
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Can't forget about Daniel Day Lewis. Many actors really just play themselves and we like it. Lewis actually acts.

Don Cheadle is another great actor who plays different roles. He has range.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Amber Heard. Average actress at best, but I don't care."

The lovely Ms. Heard is also known for being a switch-hitter; currently appears to be batting for the home team - sorry, lopaw.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Jeez, I need to brush up on my pop culture. I can empathize with farmerart. I didn't realize Amber Heard had switched back. She's currently engaged to Johnny Depp.
  • dennyspade
    10 years ago
    If Salma Hayek is in a movie, I will give it time to see if I like it. Denzel, Russell Crowe ...(Hey wasn't that American Gangster?")
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    From my perspective, not too many actors have great depth and range. They usually have a comfort zone that they don't step out of. Many who have realized that they might be as good of actors as they thought they were. Robin Williams had great range. Except for action movies, he was in most genres and did them very well.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    You guys forgot Kevin Bacon
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Slick named the only person that guarantees my watching. Daniel Day Lewis. I even suffered through Nine.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    "The lovely Ms. Heard is also known for being a switch-hitter; currently appears to be batting for the home team - sorry, lopaw."

I'm not worried.
    She'll be back ;)
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    George clooney. I don't like his political views but I can look past that shot when I'm just watching a movie.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion