tuscl

Agents

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
It seems a lot of Detroit area dancers have agents. Especially ones that work at the high end clubs. I don't know if I have a specific question - but this is a topic I don't think has ever been raised here. Is it common elsewhere?

Specifically where I've known girls that use an agent, they work full time at one club, often outside of Detroit, but like to work at the Flight Club or Penthouse on an occasional weekend, but not scheduled.

18 comments

• farmerart
    10 years ago
    Agents for dancers working at Flight Club or Penthouse in Detroit?

Wouldn't the more proper word be..........pimp?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    There are clubs, mostly in the boon docks like Montana & western Canada that use staffing agencies to provide them with dancers. The dancers rotate in and out every few months.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I found my new calling: agent for strippers! Do I get a percentage of the gross or just take off the top?
  • BigTuna1
    10 years ago
    Mo head i thought thats how OTC got navigated ? I had my agent talk with her agent over the contract and money then i would meet up with her and fuck ? We all dont do dis with our $350,000 a year moneea ?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have never heard of anything like that. I agree with fa. Seems like a pimp
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Only if said agent is Ari "Muthafuckin" Gold.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    rock,

"I found my new calling: agent for strippers! Do I get a percentage of the gross or just take off the top?"

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but are you asking if you just get them topless, and that you think the bottom part is gross? :)
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Clubber: You're even more clever than I am; I didn't consider that! For the record, I prefer below the waist to above, although if she's lactating it's a close call.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    rock,

Somehow, other than my mother's milk so many years ago, I wouldn't care for a lactating woman.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Is it an Agent or an Agency? Because I know of dancers that work for an Agency. Which means that Agency goes and get contracts with clubs. So they will work for Club X for a month. Then possibly move to Club Z the next month if the contract isn't extended or the money isn't that good. Some do a rotation like 3 nights of the week they work at Club X and then on weekends work at Club Z. But it is all in a contract negotiated by the Agency. They agency gets a "fee" for lining up the gigs or contracts. This way a dancer can just tell the agency what they want and the agency will go find it. So.. yeah I have heard of Agencies.
  • zef8mich
    10 years ago
    A dancer at Coliseum said the agent got money every time she showed up for work.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Agents are probably not too common – I don’t think I’ve ever heard them mentioned on SW although I have heard “dancer agencies” mentioned but it seems they (agencies) are only used on certain specific occasions.

I think I read on SW once that dancers from Eastern Europe that dance primarily in the NE use agencies in order to be able to dance in the U.S.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I mentioned this before but when I watched a few minutes of "Topless Prophet" there was a guy who seemed to be a employee but dressed/acted like a pimp. Someone on here said he was an "agent".
  • zef8mich
    10 years ago
    ^ He seems to be an independent agent named Kenny. He's associated with the Motorcity Showgirls agency somehow. He's been at Coliseum occasionally talking to dancers. One dancer told me he was her agent.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    ^^^

I know a dancer that lists Motor City Showgirjs as her "employer" on Facebook.

I guess there might be a fine line between agent and agency. But I assume even if you contract with an agency, you probably work with an agent.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    When I was talking to the owner of one of my regular clubs once, he said that there were too many dancers who used agents, but I thought when he said agents, he meant pimps. I have no idea what he means by too many, but he said anyone who came with an agent never got hired. I also got the idea he thinks too many of these kind of dancers are black, which accounts for the general lack of black dancers at that club (and yes, I think on some level, this club owner is racist, although they do have some black dancers there).
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I wonder if dwarf strippers have a Station Agent?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    shadowcat is right. Almost all Alberta strip clubs use 'talent' agencies for dancer staffing. Gigs for the dancers are 1-2 weeks in each club. A dancer may circulate through the 3 Calgary clubs doing 2 weeks at each club and then make the small town tour before going on the the Edmonton clubs.

I know of 2 Alberta clubs that do not use agencies for dancer staffing. One of those clubs, Chez Pierre in Edmonton, has one dancer who claims to have dances at the old club for 20 years. From her face and body, I believe her claim.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion