tuscl

Scarce Club Seating ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I often visit black dives which are often small clubs with not much seating and even less “good seating”.

What I mean by “good seating” is the few seats in a smallish club which are good for getting dances.

I am often frustrated when I go to many a small club when I see dancers lounging and taking up a good chunk of the good dance seats. This often happens when the club is kinda slow and the dancers are just sitting around - but if frustrates me when they take up the good seats jus to sit there and then a custy cannot get a dance in one of the good seats.

I was recently at a black dive and I asked a dancer that had asked me if I wanted to dances if she could ask one of the dancers that was just lounging in one of the good seats; if we could borrow the seat for a dance. The dancer that was lounging put a face as if we were asking her for a kidney and said why we couldn't get a dance at one of the other empty seats (the crappy seats) – my dancer explained to the dancer that I preferred that seat (a high-top) for my dances – the dancer eventually gave up the seat but w/ some serious attitude.

Do any of you ever encounter this problem – i.e. dancers taking up the good seats and just sitting/lounging there. IMO employees should not be taking up seats; especially in a small club; and also have an attitude about it when a customer requests that seat for dances – not to sit himself; - but to get dances.

13 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Not in the same way PC, but at TL, there's one spot that all the dancers prefer and it's an unstated rule that if somebody's sitting in that spot but not getting a dance, they gotta move it when somebody is getting a dance. There's none of this "I was here first" shit. That's the test drive chair. Get a dance or move.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    As a Black man I know that a lot of Black dancers have "attitude" problems. Many are not friendly or businesslike. Those with attitude seem to think that their good looks will carry them through life and they don't have to develop any social skills or manners. In your 20s you might be able to get away with that. In your 40s you wind up alone, sitting in front of the TV and getting fat eating potato chips.

Go to another club. You deserve to be entertained, not dissed or frustrated.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Offer the dancer some money for the seat. Lol.

Seriously, I've sold my booth for $50 to a group who wanted a booth
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    One explanation I've heard (from other dancers) of the "mostly just sits around" type of dancer is that there are rich sugar daddies who have a fetish for strippers. When a dancer finds one, she is just putting in time at the club so that she technically can still be called strippers.

At the club in my area that has mostly black men as clients, the dancers seem to make most of their money from twerking on all fours while guys throw dollar bills at their asses, one at a time.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    ^^Or hanging around with rappers and pro jocks.
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago

Heh, my particular peeve about seating scarcity is when some mid-tier club out by the warehouses decides to slap "reserved" tentcards on like 4 out of every 5 tables. Or even on the *&^%$ bar. Yo, Manager, you're not fooling anyone.

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t have a problem with them sitting around – either them (the loungers) or management should be aware of not taking up seats that should be used for the customers.

w.r.t. them sitting around – it’s not b/c they want to or have a SD – it’s just b/c biz is slow or no one is buying dances (which happens a lot in the black dives I visit – i.e. dudes just hang and don’t spend shit).
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    I know what you mean Papi! Like Goosebumps in Atlanta. What a dive. Most of the seats were completely shot last time I was in there. You may as well sit on the floor. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Just thought I’d clarify something (although it should be obvious) – the dives I’m talking about do not have a separate dance area – so all dances are at your seat/table – if there was a dance area; then I wouldn’t have an issue w/ the dancers sitting wherever they wanted.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Since I club in the dead daytime premium seating is always available.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    The only places I've been to where this was a problem, they eventually solved it by designating specific lap dance areas. That said, most of the clubs I've been to are larger than they really have to be.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Papi,

It's interesting how different things are. I've never observed a club like that. Every club I've ever been too either has a separate VIP private area or a least a row of couches that are reserved for dances
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Could this scarcity of seating in small black dives lead to fights over tables and 2 AMers?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion