tuscl

Extras clubs

I'll admit that I'm pretty niave about some stuff, like extras in clubs. I don't go looking for it and when I run into it I'm always surprised. I only know of one club in the Philly area where extras are common (I'm sure there are a lot more) and I don't go there, the place is awful (in spite of being highly rated by phoney reviews.)

Anyway, here's my question - how do these places get away with it? From what you guys say, everyone seems to know about it so club management and LE must know about it too. I also know of a Philly whore house that has been advertising openly for years. How do these places stay in business? I know someone is going to say it's all payoffs to politicians, but c'mon guys, in this day of gotcha politics and attack journalism I don't believe that you can get away with that very easily anymore in most areas, and certainly not for a long period of time. So what's the deal? I don't get it. What am I missing? (Yoda, I guess this is another one of those things that I really don't understand.)

3 comments

• turan8
    19 years ago
    I know in St. Louis, the clubs are mostly in East St. Louis on the illinois side of the border to take advantage of special zoning laws. In some instances with these zoning laws a collection of strip clubs (such as Brooklyn, Illinois) are basically zoned as a seperate county and therefore no Law Enforcement by surrounding counties is applicable, and the LE in Brooklyn is comprised of at most, 10 officers whose job mandates are basically to keep street walkers off the streets and to enforce laws regarding violence.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree that it's largely a matter of public apathy. The politicians focus their attention on things that the public cares about, and while most people probably are opposed to sex for sale, they don't lay awake nights worrying about it, it's pretty far down on their list of concerns. It just strikes me as silly that we have all these laws that nobody bothers to enforce except once in awhile when someone gets a bug up their ass. I think having all these laws that aren't enforced is bad for society because it undermines respect for the law and blurs the distinction between right and wrong. But no politician is ever going to come out in support of eliminating laws that supposedly deal with morality, just as no one is ever going to support legalizing marijuana - it would be political suicide in most areas.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: Local politics is the most corrupt politics that exists. Everyone has their hand in everyone's elses pockets. None of what goes on in s trip club should surprise you. I've seen news exposes on this stuff and the clubs almost always continue to operate. A notable exception is when Rudy Guilianni pased an ordinance that closed down many of the clubs in times square years back. The fact is that most police departments and politicians only worry about street walkers - what the public sees - when it comes to illegal sex acts.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion