tuscl

RIP: Don Pardo

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Some of you may not recognize the name - but I bet you know the voice. Don Pardo, "the voice" of Saturday Night Live" has passed away.

Showing my age I guess, but I still remember him more as introducing the contestants on the original version of Jeopardy.

7 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Damn, that sucks.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Yeah I grew up with him! I didn't know he was still alive...he must have been almost 100!
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Making me feel real old because I had remembered him, but forgot he was on SNL. People forget how important SNL used to be. In college every Saturday night we'd shut down the music in the frat at 11:30 pm, watch SNL with the ladies and then at 1:00 sound went back on. Am I the only one here who recalls legally drinking at 18?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The NBC affiliate in my area refused to air SNL in the early days. The station had very conservative ownership and didn't want such "filth" polluting the air waves.

I think after the popularity of season one, the ABC affiliate in the area picked it up for a couple of years before the NBC station finally put it on.
  • azdd
    10 years ago
    Don Pardo was 96, and passed away here in my town (Tucson), where he retired several years ago.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    96, that's not too shabby.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    motor,

The is quite a surprise. I would have thought he died sometime ago. A great voice. I can remember him from some show/shows back in the 50's!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion