tuscl

Job woes

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:14 PM
I'm starting to hate my job, or at least the travel aspects of it. Earlier this year I spent over a month in backwoods Georgia where it took a 3.5 hour drive each way to get to a good club, and now I'm going to D.C., home of the no touch club rules. Ok, rant over. I'm employed and I'm paying my bills. Any suggestions on clubs in/around DC with metro access?

9 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Best bet is to just party with Marion Bary. Everything else will happen after that.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Find the clubs where the Red Potato Skins hang.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I remember some spot back in the 80's called The Baked Potato, in So Cal. Anybody remember? I was just a wee lad back then.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Most folks in the DC area club in Maryland (VA and DC have notorious tough SC rules whereas MD is much more lenient) – I know off some decent black clubs in MD but don’t know of any good mixed clubs off of the top of my heads – if you have the time; read the reviews for the MD clubs near DC.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    I'll cover your options via the Metro on the VA side: You can walk to CCR from the Crystal City Metro stop (Blue & Yellow Lines). CCR is stage dancing (w/pasties) only. If you want lap dances you could take the Blue Line to the Franconia-Springfield metro stop. You should be able to catch a taxi from there to either Paper Moon or 1320 Club, about 2 miles away. Both offer 2-way contact lap dances, $20 at 1320, $60 (no, that's not a typo) at Paper Moon.
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    Good info Steve, I appreciate it! I've been to paper moon in Springfield years ago when I lived in the area, but wasn't impressed with the $60 dance.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    just go to MD.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    I cannot stand DC anymore and the club scene is just one of the reasons. The last time I had an event in DC, I stayed in Baltimore and commuted in on Amtrak trains, which takes about 45 minutes and costs less than $20 each way. Now I'm not saying that you should go to that extreme, but there is no reason why you couldn't do a night or two in B'more. There is a Metro stop at Union Station in DC, so once you come back in from B'more you walk of the Amtrak train and right down into the subway.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    gsb, Always a problem when I travel. A plus has been getting to PP in Columbia and Follies in Atlanta. And a good time was had since I was there with shadowcat. I used to travel to Ohio a lot, and it was, and I understand still is, the pits. I guess a part of that is that I travel FROM S. Florida, one of the SC meccas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion