tuscl

Pin Up Artists

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:15 AM
Good morning amigos. I was just checking out a Bill Ward book that I own, going over the amazing pin ups that he drew. I am big fan of Ward's style, more so than Vargas or Elvgren. Besides Ward, Olivia Di Beradinis is my other favorite pin up artist. Although not pin up art, I appreciates Mikeya02's old picture gallery of Frazetta art. Anybody have any favorite pin up artists?

9 comments

• Corvus
    10 years ago
    I have always liked Vargas and Olivia Di Baredinis. I'll have to check out Ward and Frazetta. I think seeing the old pin up art in Playboy was nearly as good as the centerfold. Much more suggestive and fantasy-filled than a photo.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Jesus Helguera is a famous Mexican artist and I have 5 of his prints hanging on my walls.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Slick - Blue Lion claims to be a pin up artist, but I can't recall seeing any of his work, can you?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Steve-Yeah, on his mom's refrigerator door.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Gee, Slick. What was it that you were doing in Blue-Lion's mother's house? ;-D
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Slick...also Dave Stevens was a more recent artist. He did pictures of Bettie Page a lot.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I liked the way "Little Annie Fanny" looked in the old playboys. Drawn by Bill Elder from Mad fame. Also there was Wally Wood. Famous for his drawings in Weird Science and other comics, he did a Sally Forth strip(for the military I think) that was cute.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Bill Ward is a favorite of mine, but someone might google the name and think he played drums for Black Sabbath!....lol
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Ozzy
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion