tuscl

Off topic. Waffle House Customer Shot Dead by Cook

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Dispute involving unruly costumers at a Georgia restaurant turned deadly early Friday when a cook fired shots, killing a man, WSB-TV 2 reports.

Customers reportedly watched in horror as the scene unfolded at 4:30 a.m. at a Waffle House in Fulton County, Ga., the report says. Police told the news station that Adrian Mosley, 33, a customer, may have thrown water into the face of Quintavius Martin, 25, the cook, who then pulled a gun, according to WSB-TV.

Police charged Martin with murder, WSB-TV reports.

"Three people came in and they were being unruly," Ontray Haley, a witness, told WSB-TV. "The female that was with them, they asked her to leave, so she left, but the two guys hung around, and one of them got into it with the cook and the security guard. Next thing I know, shots rang out and it was a chaotic scene. Everybody was running and ducking."

Martin reportedly asked the men to leave, but one became abusive, the witness told WSB-TV.

"The guy was threatening the cook, saying he's from this side of town and [Martin] said, 'You can take it outside because I'm going to fire you up,' which I guess he meant he wanted to shoot him or whatever," Haley told WSB-TV. “I didn't know the cook had a weapon on him because I thought the security guard shot him.”

Customers ducked for cover as shots rang out.

“I hit the floor, got out of the way of gunfire,” Haley told the station. “It was crowded. People were just coming from the club up the street.”

I have been to many Waffle Houses but I have never been to one that had a security guard and the cooks were probably not carrying guns. I think I would avoid this neighborhood. Emphasis on "hood".

9 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    I love Waffle House. Makes the long drive on I-75 thru Georgia almost tolerable. Hash browns
    Mmmm....
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Shit like this never happens at IHOP.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Last time I ate at a Waffle House was after a Dead show at about 2 am or so. Place was frickin' filled with weirdo freak Deadheads in tie dye.

Men's room was frickin' disgusting. My theory -- somebody was all high and tried to flush the unflushable.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Ihop is funny as hell after bar closing
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I ate once at the awful house a few years ago when a visiting relative wanted to try one out. I thought the waffles resembled cardboard in taste. I put the taste up there as the top worst waffles I ever had. I think the frozen waffles at Walmart would be a major improvement as far as taste but then Walmart would be out of stock.

Offtopic rant about Walmart.
    The local Walmart has trouble restocking items. They are always out of a few things you look for. That's why I now do most of my grocery shopping at other stores now. Walmart Management sucks or restocking shelves sucks or the supply chain at Walmart sucks. I'm not running the business so I guess if they keep losing sales, maybe management will eventually change. It might be a local Walmart management issue. We are geting a new grocery store in town. That might really hurt the local Walmart store. I find it amazing other stores seem to be able to restock all items in their grocery stores but not Walmart, sometimes not even after a week or two, sometimes it takes them months.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A few years back I decided to drive to Florida to see my Dad rather than fly. I was in Atlanta at 4 am when I decided to get some breakfast. I didn't want to stop in the city at 4 am, so I drove for awhile until I thought I was in the south suburbs. I saw the Waffle House sign from the interstate. Except for a couple of guys sitting at the counter drinking coffee, the place was empty. Soon after I ordered, about 5 or 6 young black guys came in. Pants on the ground, dreads -- they weren't Denzel. Call me racist if you want - but I admit I felt a little uneasy being the only white guy in the place. But I breathed a sigh of relief when 3 of the hottest white chicks you ever wanted to see followed them in. By the way they looked - I would guess they were strippers heading home from work.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    I have been in a few Waffle House's in the wee hours when fights broke out, but never anything with guns. I was at the Waffle House in Foley, Alabama when a brawl broke out. I peeled out of there.
  • joewebber
    10 years ago
    this was the WH right near Fannie's.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    OK joe - Than means Fulton industrial Blvd (FIB) 4 strip clubs and street walkers within walking distance. Now I know why some of those reviews said that it was as sketchy area.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion