tuscl

OT: Will you be watching?

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Will any of you guys be watching the World Cup?

Good luck to the U.S. You are in a difficult group to get out of.

Personally I can't wait. I may be missing the first England game because I'll be at an FKK club in Germany banging some hot bodied babe. Hopefully they'll showing the matches so I can time my $50 fucks accordingly.

26 comments

• sinclair
    10 years ago
    I'm excited for it. Most Americans aren't big into soccer, but it has been gaining an audience over the last couple decades. The US probably won't make it out of their group. I threw $200 on Argentina to win the cup.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I won’t go out my way to watch – maybe if it’s a real good matchup or it’s the semi-finals or finals.

On a related note – David Beckham has been trying to work out a deal to get a soccer team in Miami.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Sinclair, you should have put your money on Brazil or Spain.

Papi, yeah that hit the news over here. Beckham is such a prick.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    So Beckham is not liked over in England (or most of the football world) – or is it just you that don’t care for him?

Any particular reasons?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    1. I'm pissed. Landon Donovan is not on the team. Fuck that shit.

2. Hell yeah I'm watching La Copa Mundial. Alemania looks like the team to beat but never count out a country that speaks Spanish. Or Italian. Or Portugese.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I'm sure I'll end up watching some though I won't really go out of my way. Twice I've been in Spanish speaking countries during a World Cup, watching with those crowds was nuts.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    Very anxious to watch. I've been a real football fan all of my life. Even played a little in college...essentially paid my way through.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    There should be no problem finding World Cup coverage in Germany.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Nah. It may be the world's most popular sport but I have more important things to do. Like organizing my underwear drawer.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    @ Papi. It's not just me that doesn't like him. He's a very divisive character. He's a publicity seeker and everything he does is to promote him and that sour looking wife of his who couldn't sing to save her life.

@ motorhead. Thought you always went commando?

@ grand. True enough, they are as crazy about it as the rest of us.

Now, all we have to do is get it cancelled from Qatar in 2022, what a fucking stitch-up that was.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I got hooked on football during my North Sea days in the very early 1970s so I will be cheering for England.

Do you remember the glory days of Arsenal back all those years ago, londonguy?.....Charlie George and the boys.

Gunners rule!
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I'll be watching, at least as long as my job and Omaha's big sporting event (the College World Series) don't get in the way. I was a youth player, and not a particularly good one, but it was probably my best sport.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    @ farmerart. I was too young to remember it clearly but yes, they were very good in the early 70's. My father was born a couple of miles or so from the ground (the old one) and is a lifelong fan.

Nice that we have your support, we'll need as much help as we can muster.

I could have been a professional myself but joined the armed forces instead.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @londonguy,

Aha......you come from Gunners blood and your father was born near Highbury. You must be a Gunners' supporter yourself. Ever watch a match from the wretched terraces at old Highbury?

And don't dare tell me you support those bloody poofters from Chelsea.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    My older cousins in France showed me some trick shots on goal when I was a kid. I could pull one of them off, but I stunk on actually playing the game....but I like watching them.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    @ farmerart. I can see how you came to that conclusion, but it's not the case I support them, or Chelsea for that matter.

A few years ago they went a whole season without being beaten, 38 games - brilliant.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    I'm encouraged by most of these responses. It isn't called 'the beautiful game' for nothing.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    I only watch to see the savage fans beat the shit out of each other,great tv.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I’m rooting for 3 teams – England; Great Britain; and the United Kingdom
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    lol Papi, sadly only one of those is playing.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I might glance at it if it is playing in an establishment where I am and the USA is involved. Other than that, no.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    The US has been practicing in Florida, getting acclimatizing to the humidity that's expected in Brasil.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Netherlands getting revenge on Spain was a treat. I was also surprised to see Uruguay get beat by Costa Rica. Group D is the toughest group according to FIFA rankings, while Group G, which the USA is in, is the second toughest. Group F is the easiest. Argentina will massacre the other three teams no problem.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Messi con el goooooooool!
  • pineconepartyliquor
    10 years ago
    Cant stand watching soccer, so I will not be viewing any of the games unless maybe its on in the background at a bar or something. Even then I find it hard to have any interest. Would rather watch a blowout baseball game between 2 last place teams in late september than any soccer game.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    The only thing that I'll be watching is the video clip compilation of fuckups and embarrassments that will surely be released upon the completion of this event.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion