tuscl

are you part of the 24% who carries more than $50 in cash?

Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:47 AM
I am. [view link] I don't think I carried less than $50 since before I started visiting strip clubs. Now if I have less than 50, I had a really good time in the club. You?

24 comments

• crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I drive a dump truck to carry around all my cash
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I still need the system to help me buy a suit though
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    There are three places I use cash: The club, the bar and sporting events. But mostly the club.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Hell yeah. Similar to shark, if I have less than $100 in my wallet, it's because I've spent it all in the club. :)
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I used to be just about cash only but have loosened on that a lot, still always have cash on me.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I hit my credit union every Friday for enough cash to last me a week. That includes 1 strip club visit. I normally pay cash for anything less than $50 and the clerks at the credit union know that I want it all in 20's.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    No, I'm part of the 6% that carries more than $200 cash.........
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Yes. To take this topic further I carry much more than $50 in cash with me wherever I go, usually at least $1000. To me, this only makes sense. Cash is fast. Cash is anonymous. Cash is powerful. Cash is convenient. I hate being in a line at cash registers where everyone is paying with cards, particularly when small purchases like a cup of coffee are being made. No paper trail when cash is used. Cash allows you to bargain for better prices when you are paying for goods or services. Cash remains KING.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    The only time I'm carrying more than $20 cash is between the ATM and where I'm going to spend it. I only spend cash at strip clubs and AMPs, everywhere else I pay with a debit card that gets filled with the amount that I'm planning to spend right before I spend it. I transfer the cash from an account that doesn't have card access via my banking app on my phone, that way if any of my debit cards get compromised, there is almost money available at any given time. I do generally carry a $20 bill for the few and far between moments when you go to make a small purchase and the place doesn't take cards, then I hit the $20.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    *almost no money* not almost money. Stupid auto correct
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I have about $2,500 on me right now. Down from $4,000 a week ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I only have significant cash on me when I SC – o/w I normally have less than $50 on me – I tend to lose things easily and that is the main reason I don’t like to carry too much cash on me – on certain times when I may have a significant amount of cash for w/e reason; I will often leave most of it at home unless I’m hitting the SC.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I very rarely carry cash. The only two places I use it is the strip club and barber shop. My mindset is this: why carry cash when a debit card is accepted almost everywhere nowadays and it's a lot safer to keep. Cash is easier to lose. If you get robbed, cash you ain't getting back. But debit and credit cards can be traced. I'm a straight debit card guy.
  • ReadyPayerOne
    10 years ago
    Yeah, on an average day I carry $100-200 in my wallet.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Close to zero. My reasoning is similar to Vikings. I am more susceptible to be robbed then most people.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    I usually have $60 - $120. I tend to pay cash for stuff under $20, because the finance industry especially fucks over merchants on small credit card purchases. I rarely walk into an SC with less than $500 in cash.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I usually have about $100 in cash on me in general, because I also play lottery games and it used to be they only took cash on those and I just kept that habit. Also, with vending machines at work, they only take cash, so it's convenient for that. Plus it's not like places only allow use of debit cards.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    I'm with farmerart on this one. I usually have $1k or more on me at any time and twice that amount if I'm heading to the club. This is probably why I've had many fun times in said SC's.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "The survey...found that 78 percent of Americans carried less than $50 in paper money" Might want to check your math. 100 - 78 = 22, not 24
  • umissedaspot
    10 years ago
    "Might want to check your math. 100 - 78 = 22, not 24" Cash = paper money + coins Apparently, 2% carry $49 or less in paper plus $1 or more in loose change.
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    I generally pull $100 from the ATM once a week or whenever I'm low. I use a debit card at the grocery store, but pay cash pretty much everywhere else. If nothing else, it keeps me from spending too much -- if I can see the money disappear, it's more "real." I make a special trip to the ATM when I'm heading to a club.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I was within 2%, better than the treasury secretary doing his taxes before he got hired. Apparently with the current administration, if you don't screw up, you don't get hired. Maybe I should repeat another democrat "what does it matter?" She might run for president. Apparently if elected, the people just love voting for people who screw up. Shark for president? lol
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I don't want to be president. I'm not interested in screwing the American public flying all over the world taking wife and kids along at taxpayer expense, posing for selfies at funerals, spending billions our government doesn't have. I'd probably be a cross between Ron Paul and a conservative combo democrat /republican. I'd also make enemies among short term thinkers fixing long term funding for social security, Medicare, and healthcare in general. I'd gut certain government spending, possibly increase taxes on buffet, gates, and LMN a whole lot and reduce benefits in social programs over time so that the programs aren't all bankrupt.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Without a doubt.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion