tuscl

Exactly 82.4% of You are Total Dumbasses

A knee jerk criticism of my posts here is that I make up "bogus statistics".

Now since many of you seem a bit slow here and/or humor impaired let me spell this out for you:

When I say "x% fo strippers have characteristic y" it is my own subjective feeling based on my personal experiences. I try to be as accurate as possible here: I met about 500 strippers in the course of my life so will try to estimate based on this. For example if I thought that 6 of them were worth dating I'd say that about 1-2% of strippers are dateable.

I feel it is important to try and quantify things somewhat, because a statement like "some strippers scam; some do not" is basically worthless: Let's suppose there are 20000 strippers in the country. Then all that is need for the previous statement to be true is for there to one stripper who scams and one who does not. A worthless observation, IMO.

On the other hand, if I post a statement like "exactly x.y% of strippers have characterisitc" then it obviously a joke. Of course I do not have that accurate a measure. Can you imagine how much it would cost to get such an accurate measure and how much of a waste of time it would be? (Then again, if I could get funded to see what % of strippers do extras and what type it might be fun.)

I am making fun of you dumbasses who don't get that it is a joke. But then when I see you take it literally, I really start to wonder about you...

Clue in folks.

7 comments

• Yoda
    19 years ago
    Davids: I'm calling them statistics. It doesn't matter if you got them out of a book or, in this case, pulled them out of your ass. When you start talking in percentages you are implying the use of statistics-even if the data doesn't actualy exist. As far as credibility goes. Ha! Who cares? I'm not looking for acceptance any more than you are. I'm just putting in my 2 cents-same as you and every other poster here.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    Davids go away!
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Yoda: Tell you what, find me one post where I claimed they were "statistics" and maybe you'll have some credibility (for the first time in your posting career). Else you are just another poster here who likes to attack strawmen.

Have a nice day!
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Who's back peddaling? I said the bogus staistics where bogus, you just admitted that they are. Just because you call it humor and I call it boring doesn't mean I'm back peddaling. Go read an ethics book or something....
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Yoda: Whatever: If memory serves correctly you were the one leading the charge with "bogus statistics". Nice to see you back peddle on another one of your positions though. That's kind of amusing.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    I am in the dumbass category. Thank you very much.

We don't get it. So STOP!
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Davids: I get it, it's just not funny.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion