tuscl

OT-Movie continuity errors

The one I remember is the beginning of Alien.

You see a computor screen turn on to awaken the crew. A coffee cup is to the right.
After switching away, its back to the screen. The coffe cup is gone! No one has awakened yet!

14 comments

• tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    I've had stripper continuity errors every time they sneeze.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Another I just remembered is Ator the Fighting Eagle, a cheap barbarian movie.
    In one scene Ator is riding a horse with telephone poles in the background.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    In Cleopatra, (1963?) during a scene in ancient Egypt, there's a jet's contrail in the sky.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    In "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!", when the mom does back flips, you can see the stuntman's mustache. I don't know if it was on purpose. It was a goofy flick.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Someone reading "Jaws" during "M-A-S-H".
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^Really? That's pretty bad!

Another is in Star Wars IV, a scene of marching storm troopers shows one of them smacking his head against some overhang.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    The only continuity error I've spotted on my own is in the movie "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer. The Nicholson character travels to Vermont or some New England state and is bitten by a werewolf in a dark snowstorm. When he returns to NYC, it is a hot summer day. It should be summer or winter in both places.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Another Star Wars one I noticed is everyone thinks Hans got the drop on Greedo. Greedo clearly shot first...and missed at point blank range! Well, it was a fantasy film.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Han shot first.
  • likes2look
    10 years ago
    Greedo must have been a graduate of the imperial storm trooper school of marksmanship. Those guys can't hit the side of a barn.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    In "The Godfather" the camera pans up the front of the hotel where Don Corleone goes to meet with the heads of all the families to negotiate a truce, ending the war. This meeting is in the late 1940s, according to the movie's time line. The American flag on the front of the hotel has 50 stars, which did not exist until 1960-61.

In the TV mini-series "Ike" starring Robert Duvall, Gen. Eisenhower walks off a plane and is welcomed home from WWII in 1945. He walks through a column of American flags, all with 50 stars.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    In "FX," a crime caper starring Brian Brown, involving make-up tricks by movie technician, an office scene has two characters plotting the crime. An overhead boom mike drops in and out of the top of the screen--twice.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    In Raiders Of The Lost Ark, there's a scene where Indy's nemesis is talking and a fly flies into his mouth.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    There have been some biggies. For example, there was this movie about this time traveling killer robot from the future, but the robot looked just like a former governor of California. What's up with that?

And there was this cop show in the '80s but Captain Kirk played the cop. Why would they make such a big mistake? Captain Kirk is a spaceman, not an LA cop.

These are such easy mistakes to avoid. I mean really -- spacemen ain't cops (unless they are space cops) and governors ain't time traveling killer robots. Gaaah!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion