tuscl

Hooters

AnonymousJim
Scanning the room from the back
Just curiosity as I get ready to gnaw on some wings: Do you mongers eat at places like Hooters, the Tilted Kilt, etc.?

There's only one in my neck of the woods, and it's kind of out of my way. But, if I'm in that neck, I'll stop out.

On the one hand, it's attractive women who might not normally otherwise interact with you giving you attention, and it's certainly cheaper than the club.

On the other, obviously there's a lot less that's possible and it's not like the food is all that great. Yes, you could possibly pick up a waitress, but it probably would be more like "real dating" and it's various trappings.

Thoughts? Just curious if you guys enjoy the ladies or don't see those places as giving you enough enjoyment, making them a waste.

33 comments

• 10inches
    10 years ago
    food at every Hooters that I have been to sucks. some pretty girls, but just a tease.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I have yet to find any Hooters at which the food was better than mediocre. And since they've been required to hire girls who don't qualify for even *my* relatively low standard of "hot", there's really not much incentive to go there.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    None in my area but I doubt that I would go to any of them to just ogle a few attractive women. When I go out to eat, it's the food that I am interested in.
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    I've been to both...they're overrated in my neck of the woods. The Hooters in Miami, Fla had some beauties working there though.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    The Tilted Kilt here has some great looking girls. It's like 100 feet from Petco Park so it gets packed during ballgames. I heard pl's try to pick up some girls by "slyly" tipping them a fifty or more.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t like to multitask – when I want to monger – I go to monger – when I want to eat - I go to eat and thus will go to a place with decent food (i.e. not Hooters).

I hate air dances – and Hooters is a bit like an air dance where you can look but can’t touch.

If there weren’t any strip clubs around – then I guess a Hooters might be better than nothing – o/w – a waste of time and money IMO.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I've gone to Hooters for their bikini contests. I had a great time.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    There's now only one Hooters left in the Puget Sound region. There were as many as five at one time. The remaining one is on my way to a strip club I seldom go to. So, when I go to that club, I sometimes will have dinner at Hooters first. Like others have said, the food isn't as good as at other comparable restaurants, but hey, this is breastaurant, so you get what you pay for. There isn't a Tilted Kilt or any of the other Hooters' competitors elsewhere in Washington state.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I've been to Hooters before, but it's been so long that I don't even remember what the quality of the food was/is like. There's a Hooters just 5 minutes down the road from where I live, but I've never been there. One of my co-workers (who's been there several times) wants to go for the next UFC fight, so I'll probably join him. I guess I'll decide whether I go back, based on how my experience is after we go for the UFC fight.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Around here there are a lot of places like that. I go to hooters once in a great while. I would rate them in this order as far as food

Twin Peaks
    Tilted Kilt
    Hooters

If you have a Twin Peaks by you get their calendar $20 and you get a free meal there every month.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    About a year ago Hooters around here had a limited time bbq chicken and ribs that were awesome
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    Years ago, female co-workers thought it was neat to take me out to Hooters for lunch. They did it several times, even arraigned a surprise birthday party for me at Hooters. My overall impression was less than stellar. I have never been back.

The waitresses wore "cast iron" bras and seldom provided anything better than poor service.

The food sucked! I have never has a good meal or snack at a Hooters.

The prices were too high.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    I would go to Tilted Kilt if we had one nearby.

But what I really wish we had in my area is a Sonic!

(If I had more gumption, I'd look into a franchise)
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    If the girls with the big boobs work at Hooters, where do the girls with one leg work?

I hop
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Hooters food isn't the greatest but I love their buffalo shrimp.

When I'm in toronto I usually go to the Hooters there because it's close to my hotel and surrounded by strip clubs. A friend and I stumbled into the hooters in the hooters hotel in Vegas one time after a pool party at club Nikki (now closed) and it's kinda become a tradition that we go there and eat lunch when we are in Vegas. The eye candy at the one in Vegas is tolerable but it's strange because every time we go in there it's all families with little kids.

These restaurants aren't terrible for their reasons. Sometimes I have clients I take out for dinner or a drink and they may be the real conservative type, some poor fuck that has a bunch of little kids and who's wife never let's him go out to have any fun... Taking these guys to a hooters-type establishment for them is like the equivalent high to me banging two strippers in my hotel room for free when I'm traveling. Some people wouldn't be caught dead in a strip club or are too afraid to go because of their reputation or fear of their wives. In some cases restaurants like that are those closest their get to a young semi-hot chick talking to them other than their older daughters friend stopping by at their home.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    My work buddies and I used to go, and sometime my bike buddies as well. Over time, I haven't gone. Mainly because the closest Hooters was closed. I do have a signed card from Lynne Austin. :)

A quick story about Hooters. They were well known in S. Florida. I was in Ohio, with some of my Miami work buddies mentioned above, when one opened up there. We decided to go. What a shock when we saw those Hooter girls. They were mid-west heifers compared to the hotties in Miami. Hopefully that was corrected.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    LOL crazyjoe !!!
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    It's been some time since I've been to Hooters. They closed the one in Omaha, so the only one left in the area is in Council Bluffs, and I'm not driving there just to eat mediocre food. I'd like to go to the Twin Peaks, but that's in West Omaha and I have little reason to go that way and it's not like my dad will want to go there with me. My brother used to live out there, but he moved and that was the end of that.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    There is a Hooters about 40 min from where I live, I've never been there though. I gotta check it out one of these days.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I used to occasionally eat at Hooters. I think drinking beer on an empty stomach must make their hamburgers taste a lot better. It's been a year or two. I usually eat earlier in the evening with someone else and it's been a long time since I was hungry enough to want to eat at Hooters late at night. Plus they stop serving beer at midnight in South Carolina I believe at the local Hooters. I have been just stopping at a fast food restaurant when I only wanted something quick.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I thought about trying out Twin Peaks one night but they were packed. I like to avoid crowded restaurants.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^I noticed when a restaurant is too crowded, nobody goes there anymore :)
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    There is a Hooters in the downriver area near where my xATF lives. I took her there several times. The waitresses at that Hooters are all gorgeous. Even my ATF, who is very hot, was impressed.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I just usually get milk.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    When Hooters first opened up in my area, decades ago, they had the most smoking hot women for waitresses. On the very rare occasions I've gone to Hooters in the last couple of years, the waitresses would have really struggled making a living as dancers. Their food is horrible.

Tilted Kilt definitely has hotter waitresses and better food.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Pre-Katrina there was a great Hooters on the beach in Biloxi. Great wings (including blistering hot ones, great fries and some truly amazing waitresses. I always wondered what happened to them all as the storm surge and wave took it right off the foundation.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I recall a place in Jacksonville, Fl some years ago. Name was Chili Bordello. This might have even been before Hooters or at the same time, sort of a copy cat place. Except the waitresses wore the 20's style corset things, or whatever they are called. Very hot and much better than the Hooter look. Now if Hooters did away with bras...
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Both Joe n Moto-Plus One.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Hooters is gross and in Florida the Wing House had better looking women. Food in a few of the stripclubs I go to is pretty good. Last night chicken wings, 2 meatball sliders and a pitcher (mini) of bud light was $8.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Clubber:

Yes! I loved that place. Great waitresses and what a business model! Six chilies all cooking away in crock pots and using the half shell of the cantelope that was served alongside to hold the chili, minimizing the amount of cleanup required. Took a customer there once for supper and he was all smiles for the whole time.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ATAC,

I think you are the only person that has ever heard of it other then the people that were in our party. I recall the waitress calling us "Our Gang." She gave us each a characters name from that show. Great fun in the 5 or 6 visits we made there.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I eat at hooters for the food and fresh beer. The girls are just a bonus.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    I live near a Hooters. I might stop in twice a year. Most of the waitresses are not that good looking. Service is usually bad. They think they deserve a tip because they are showing a little cleavage and wearing the outfit. Food is greasy and mediocre at best. Beer is too overpriced to go there to drink.

Tilted Kilt seems to have slightly better looking waitresses and sexier uniforms. They are a more upcoming breasturant whereas Hooters is old. Tilted Kilt had respectable food, good enough that I could see myself returning on a monthly basis. Like Hooters the service can sometimes be poor. The waitresses think they can be lazy and still get a good tip because they show their legs and cleavage. I got scammed at the one in Green Bay where the ROB waitress gave me a bill for things I never ordered (bill was over twice what I actually ordered). I complained to management and got a $25 gift card.

Twin Peaks was pretty cool with the mountain lodge atmosphere, but I've only been twice so I can't comment too much. Food was very mediocre, somewhere between Hooters and Tilted Kilt.

There are a few others like Mugs and Jugs in Florida and Show-Me's in Missouri.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion