tuscl

RE: wait time for dances

Clubber
Florida
Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:41 PM
There was talk of dancers coming to the customer or not. I always see that in S. Florida, at least they do to me. Now I wonder, if dancers ARE allowed to approach customers (maybe they can't in certain jurisdictions), what makes them choose someone over the others? I see dancers, usually the lower end of the dancer scale ask everyone, but the top end ones don'task everyone, in my experience. Any thoughts as to why a dancer chooses one over the others? I did an experiment some years ago on the topic. I mentioned it on TUSCCL in the past and will again at a later time.

35 comments

• Subraman
    10 years ago
    it maybe a crazy, flaky alcohol driven business, but in the end, they are still sales professionals. They profile and prioritize customers based upon what kind of guys they know they usually have success with, what kind of guys usually have money, etc.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    I think some of these dancers have a profile of custies who will yield a high return and this is based on their experience. In my case, some dancers won't even ask me because I don't fit the profile, while on the other hand, some dancers approach me like they already know me.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    They are drawn to whatever/whoever has worked for them in the past. I agree with you Clubber that the real lookers and more "high end" dancers tend to be really choosy as to who they approach simply because they can be selective. Chances are they are gonna be approached by alot of people so they learn to just sit back and wait. Sometimes those types never even venture out of the DR for too long. I'm sure PL whale's are blowing up their phones so those really hot dancers can call their own shots. It's the middle rung dancers that have to really hustle hard and hit up damn near everyone just to scrape by.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I often sit with my CF and her friends for an hour or two before going upstairs for "lap dances." The girls drink shots--on my dime--and talk about everything, including which customers to approach. They like guys who tip them on stage, who dress nicely (suits preferred), who speak to them respectfully, and who are not youngsters. Dancers don't care if a guy is old or fat, but they avoid customers who look scruffy or smell. They won't go near any guy who wears a turban.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Old, fat, and no turban. I'll fit right in.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Clubber: " Now I wonder, if dancers ARE allowed to approach customers (maybe they can't in certain jurisdictions), what makes them choose someone over the others?" You really need to read The System by RickyBoy. It's all about who is wearing a suit and who isn't.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    jack, I can handle the old,fat, and no turban like motor, but when in my biker attire I can do the "scruffy" as well. That seems to work well. I attribute that to the bad-boy image.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    One thing I have noticed is that if I am in shorts and a t-shirt the hotter women seldom approach. If I show up the following day in my suit and tie work attire, all the hot ones approach. They think wearing suit means money and in a way it does, but in reality if you have a lot and won't spend it how is it different from having very little?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    The hot ones chase perceived money based on appearances which as others have noted can be completely off base. Often hotties dances suck anyway so if they walk right past me with that stuck up look on their face I'm happy that they've done me a favor by walking right by me.
  • umissedaspot
    10 years ago
    I don't care much about fitting the hot dancers' profile, b/c I usually approach them rather than wait for them to approach me.
  • Subraman
    10 years ago
    Jackslash: " I often sit with my CF and her friends for an hour or two before going upstairs for "lap dances." The girls drink shots--on my dime--and talk about everything, including which customers to approach." Slight thread hijack to say I do the same thing, it is a fucking blast to get the girls drunk and acting like themselves. I think the first time I sat with 4 drunken strippers at a table, I heard the word "bitch" more times in that first half hour than I did my entire life before that.
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    I can barely stand listening to just one of them jabbering away drunkenly...I can't imagine having to do it with 4 of them. Usually look for the girls that I think will give me the best mileage and are also the most attractive to me. I'm often motivated by how they move on stage or how I see them interact with other customers. I'll take a sexy 5 over a hot but uptight 9 any day!
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    As a more mature long time SC customer (read: old, overweight lecher), I have noticed that in some clubs the dancers are less inclined to "seek" customers and must be approached to initiate contact. These clubs represent a small minority of the clubs I have visited. In general, it is initially awkward to be sitting in a strip club observing a number of uncommitted dancers - none of whom will approach. A couple of times I have bailed, not knowing whether the lack of company was bored women, my wardrobe, or club rules. Several times I approached a dancer of barkeep and asked. Turns out, there are some clubs with rules about dancers hitting on customers. Usually, it is just some kind of, "wait until he finishes his 1st drink" rule. In other clubs it is something of a club "culture" thing - the strippers tend to wait until a customer makes eye contact, signals or walks up. Either way, I don't much care for the vibe, or the wait. And I have been in clubs where the hottest dancers wait to be approached, while others are walking around asking, "wanna' dance?" This too, is confusing to me. And, worst of all, it forces me to "think" and make intentional decisions, things I do NOT go into strip clubs expecting to have to do. Honestly, it is off putting to have to adjust to different, often unknown, rules when visiting a new club. But, OTOH, if the strippers are hot, the dances are over the top (and in the pants), and the prices are not killing me - any club can be worth it.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    By far, the most common reason I think girls approach me is they see me having positive interactions with others. Someone walking away from my table with a smile on their face seems to draw them in like flies on shit. I think the inverse is also true, dancers that see others storming off angry are likely to avoid me like the plague. I see it all the time, if I send a few girls packing before the one I'm interested in approaches, she'll assume I'm an asshole/broke/whatever and avoid me and I have to go get her. If the first dancer to approach tickles my fancy and walks away happy I'm fighting them off with a stick the rest of the visit. After that and like others have said, I think dancers who are afforded the luxury of being selective about who they approach mostly tend to approach patrons that resemble ones they've had success with in the recent past.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I mentioned when I started this topic, "I did an experiment some years ago on the topic. I mentioned it on TUSCL in the past and will again at a later time." What I did was use the same two clubs over time and sit basically in the same spots at the bar. The times I would have a beer (what most customers had) I would get very few dancers approach me for a dance. If I had a Jack (likely anything other than a beer bottle) many dancers would approach. Why, not sure, but I guess it might be a money thing. About 2 to 3 times more for a drink than a beer. Thoughts?
  • ReadyPayerOne
    10 years ago
    @clubber - your drink choice might have made a difference. There are all kinds of threads on stripperweb on how to profile customer spending potential based on age, dress, ethnicity, body language, and drink of choice. - Glass of water - super cheap, or recovering alcoholic, or driving and responsible - glass of soda - similar to above - draft beer / bottle beer - are you nursing it? Cheap. - mixed drinks - good sign - hard liquor, neat - better sign What do I think trumps all of these? The guy who buys the bottle of water. Especially if it's Pellegrino, or Voss (which I only see in strip clubs and thus think of as "strip club water"). That's $6-8 a pop. A stripper who profiles this way and sees you drinking this will hypothesize that a) you're not in the club to drink and b) you have money to spend. Time for her to walk on over and say "Hi! Would you like some company?" Of course, it may have not had anything to do with your drink of choice. Maybe on your second visit you got served by a waitress who saw the contents of your wallet, is the type that provides intel to the dancers for kickbacks, and told them "go after that guy."
  • ReadyPayerOne
    10 years ago
    I think we're all familiar with general SC profiling: - frat boy - wallet probably only has $1, $5, and $10 bills - good looking guy in his late 20s - wants attention for free, wants to date you, might neg you, high PITA risk - nerdy young guy - not used to attention, so will probably pay for it, but probably cash constrained - 30 something year old guy in tan dockers and a blue oxford - a decent catch - fat, bald, 50 something year old guy in wrinkled suit with a wedding band = chum in the fucking water. All well and good, but I love when strippers on stripperweb go into advanced profiling. Like of the "guy in the suit": - The watch - does the second hand tick, or glide - The suit - is it boxy fitting with no venting in the back? Or does it drape well and is double vented? - the tie - synthetic or silk? - shoes - chunky rubber soles, or thin leather soles? My ATF told me she determines how many dances she'll do in a row for a new face before collecting money based on her profiling and how much money she thinks you have in your wallet. I should ask her how much money she thinks all these types bring.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I never show cash. Before I enter a club, I have a single $20 ready to pull out for my first beverage. The rest of my cash is $1 in one pocket and $20 in the other. Easy to reach in and pull out what I need without showing the rest. RPO, One reason I like to go in my biker persona. Really messes up their profiling. Say, isn't that against the law???
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    I remember running into an older dancer who was a real pro at profiling. She asked me what time it was, then put her hand on my arm when I looked at my watch. I felt her lightly rubbing my suit jacket between her thumb and finger to tell what kind of material it was made off. She leaned forward to study my watch ("tick versus sweep" second hand is how you spot a fake Rolex, etc.). She told me she liked my tie as she reached over and subtley turned it over to check for the designer label. I don't remember her saying anything about my shoes though, which is not to say she didn't check them out, lol
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    I make it really simple and easy. I roll in with one of those zippered bank bags. It don't matter what I wear, you roll in with what looks like a fat bankroll sitting on the table, you've pretty much got everybody's attention and can pretty much behave any way you want. Money talks. The guy with the bank is gonna be given a lot of leeway, even if he ultimately doesn't spend like a high roller. Makes it easy getting the extras too
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I started SCing regularly at the age of 30 (14 years ago) – these are experiences I’ve had: + as Dallas702 mentioned – there seem to be some clubs where most dancers don’t do much approaching even if they are willing to give dances if you approach them (e.g. Tootsies Miami – St. James Houston) + I’ve been told I look younger than my age and I def act younger/immaturely – so in my early 30s I looked young and I would notice often being bypassed for older (50+) custies – I guess bypassed less often these days + I often have a serious face if I’m not talking to anyone – some dancers have told me I look as if I was mad and thus they were a bit hesitant about approaching me + I’m a clean-cut pale-white guy that now a days mostly goes to black clubs – I like thick black women and have been told by some of these dancers that they were hesitant to approach me b/c they didn’t think they’d be my type + even now a days – sometimes I won’t get approached when I first go into a club – but I tend to get a lot of dances when I club and once the first dancer approaches me and I say yes and get multiple dances – then almost every dancer seems to approach me
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve, Perhaps she just checked the size of your shoes. :)
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    @Clubber "Perhaps she just checked the size of your shoes. :)" are you trying to say that steve wears clown shoes?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Just sayin'!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "That's a clown question, bro" I think Clubber was referring to the urban legend that men with big feet are well endowed.
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    @steve229 "I think Clubber was referring to the urban legend that men with big feet are well endowed." uhhh, yeah, yeah. that must be what he meant.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    ReadyPayerOne- I guess I like being 'chum in the water'. But my wealth redistribution plan usually keeps the ladies at my side, even at the new clubs. Tip generously and it don't matter what you're wearing, what you drink, or if you've overspent on some sweep hand watch. It's not rocket science...it's accounting.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Exactly what I meant. I'm have no idea of the supposed proportionality, but if it is true, it sure isn't 1 to 1. I wear a 12 shoe, but...
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I've been thinking about this question for awhile. I think the inexperienced dancers and/or the dancers that don't wanna make money approach the good looking guys like it's a nightclub or something. The dancers that wanna make money approach the older guys who dress nice. The older guys are obviously the ones who are more likely to do VIP. I don't get approached that often, I have to do the approaching if I want the girl.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Clown shoes! This is why I read TUSCL discussions--to improve my game. I'm going to buy a pair of clown shoes today.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    A pair of 18 EEE's should do it
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I've gotten so many ideas from this. Next time I go clubbin' I'm going to put on a white polyester suit, a Micky Mouse tie, and ginormous clown shoes. I'll carry a giant boom box cued up to play "Sharp Dressed Man" that has a sack with a dollar sign tied to it. And I'll rig my Rolexxx to have that second hand be smooth as silk. Ima betcha that all da chicas come ask me for a dance!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Maybe wear a diamond & gold belt like the Million Dollar Man
  • ReadyPayerOne
    10 years ago
    "Maybe wear a diamond & gold belt like the Million Dollar Man" I think you'd have to then tip dancers Ted DiBiase style - by stuffing $100 bills in their mouths!
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    I have yet to figure out what goes on in a dancer's mind when it comes to which customer to approach. Some go for the big groups of guys thinking they'll score, while others will thank me when I take them back for a VIP when a group comes in. One of my favorites mentioned several different times hating sitting at tables with a large group of guys who are just drinking. When such a group arrives, she often offers me a discount on dances if I'll just take her in the back before the club decides to direct her towards the area they choose to sit down. Some dancers may just not think they are your type. Several dancers have mentioned, when I asked for a dance from her, not asking me for a dance before because she thought I wasn't interested in her type.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion