tuscl

$1dollar table dances

I remember at an old club that they had this "gimmick" where the DJ would send all the dancers out to the floor. If you wanted a tabledance the girl would come up to you and give you a "short" table dance for about 30seconds then she would move on to the next customer after you tip her which could be anything 1 to $5dollars. After she leaves another dancer would come over and ask you for a dance. The dancers would keep rotating around the room until the song was over. I thought it was kind of a neat idea, don't know why clubs now don' t do that special. I think one of the dancers who was from Texas came up with the idea and the manager and DJ bought into doing it. This was about 5years ago at a small local club. Anyone else ever hear of something like this?

7 comments

• dennyspade
    19 years ago
    The DOLLAR DANCE is a staple in several clubs in the Chicago area, whereby, the DJ will announce beforehand that Dollar Dances will be cumming up in 25-30 minutes. This allows the dancers to go hide from the cheap bastards and the waitresses and bartenders can break down larger bills into singles.

The DJ will play a 10-12 minute mix of songs for 30 seconds each, and the guys can get a little sample dance from several dancers as they circulate among the patrons sitting on barstools or at their tables. It helps to position yourself, so that the dancer does not have to crawl through a few tables to get a $1 tip. basic rules still apply, she can touch you and you can hold her around the waist. This is an excellent time to tell a new dancer to retrieve you for a persaonal lap dance when this "musical chairs crap" ends.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    The clubs in Providence allow a form of mini-laps called cabaret dances. The girls can circulate at will and offer a 20 or 30 second lap dance for a dollar or two. Unfortunately, since the economy has gone south and customers have gotten cheaper the girls have cut way back on circulating the floor-prefering instead to hold-out and get a customer to buy an actual full lap dance.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    The Pleasure Dome in White Haven, PA, does this. There's no announcement, they do it continuously. Everyone who understands how this club works sits at little tables on bar stools around the perimiter wall of the club, the girls circulate and give brief samples of their lapping technique and try to sell you a private dance. It's actually quite nice, you can get a very good private dance from many of the girls for just $1. Some guys never bother to go into the private rooms, which are expensive. BTW, if you're ever in the Poconos, this club is one of the truly great finds that nobody except locals seems to know about. It's not far from the intersection of the PA turnpike NE extension and I-80 but make sure you check directions, it's hard to find because it's set back off a country road hidden in a group of trees and you can drive right by it and not see it. I did that about 4 times the first time I looked for it. But it was worth it.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    The local club I visit does this. Whoever they dance for on the last song has to dance for them on the next one, so it's role reversal.
  • komey1970
    19 years ago
    One club where I go to on occasion will do this, call them "Quick Picks". They will do it for at least 7 or 8 turns. One thing I like about it is that you can use it as a way to decide if you want a dance from someone new.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Alex's in Stoughton Mass. Does this. They call it the "Dollar Dance". Once or twice a day they send all the girls out on the floor to rotate among the tables for 3 or 4 songs. What's interesting is how much contact goes on in a "no contact" club when the ladies do thier rounds!
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I used to see that a lot. Some clubs used to do that all the time and it seems to work for the girls and some of the guys who were interested. I haven't seen this in the last couple of years. At the clubs I am going to, I'm glad they don't do that since I am more selective of who I tip now. It worked and probably still does at some clubs by the DJ announcing it and the bouncers or club people going around making sure anyone who needs some one dollar tips has them ahead of time. Then the DJ tells the guys to hold up a dollar if they want a quick dance. Then the song changes and the process repeats for a total of 5 to 10 minutes. I forgot how long they did that. It's nothing new to me but I haven't seen it in a while.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion